Michigan-Detroit
Options

Small pumpkins

Ok, so Im trying to figure out a centerpeice idea in relation to costs. I want to take a vase and fill it with baby pumpkins. Does anyone know a good place to buy a large amount of baby pumpkins. I was thinking of calling local cidar farms/pumpkin patches but wasnt sure if anyone knew of something more specific to help my hunting.

Re: Small pumpkins

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am thinking of doing something similar. Where I live, there are lots of roadside farms and stands so I was going to check with them this year to get a good idea of where the best prices are. But, I remember from last year that Kroger and other grocery stores were selling baby pumpkins and mini gourds that were pretty reasonable.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was thinking about that and I remember them as like 2 for $3 which stinks because I will need like 6-8 for each vase. 16 vases = lots of $ lol I want them like $1 each think thats possible? Since your local if you find a good deal let me know please.
  • Options
    GwenwhyfareGwenwhyfare member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would do the same as what aprillm suggested. Kroger or Meijer can be a good resource, but a local vendor might cut you a deal, too. The apple orchard near us in Fenton has beautiful pumpkins every year. I unfortunetlly do not remember how the mini's price out.
    There is no death. Only a change of worlds
    life | home
  • Options
    HeidiMarie95HeidiMarie95 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm no help, but I just wanted to say I loooooooove this idea :) I'm excited just thinking about it :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Apple Charlies. I think its in Huron Township? Not sure if thats a drive for you or not, but Im going to probably get my carmel apples from there!
    Photobucket ~Kat~ wedding websites
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards