Michigan-Detroit
Options

Last minute tips?

Hi all! So I'm the MOH for my friend's wedding tomorrow. My friend has asked me to do very little (read: almost nothing) in preparation for the day. I have no problem with that but because of my lack of duties I think it slipped my mind that I have to give a toast at the reception! At least I remembered now and not when they were handing me the mic tomorrow. So, it's written but I was just wondering if y'all had any tips. Things you liked/disliked about your MOH toasts, etc. Thanks!

Re: Last minute tips?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've never been a MOH but all the speeches that I've seen from MOH's have been from the heart about how she felt about the Bride/Bride and Groom. Good luck, you'll do great.
  • Options
    mollylovesumollylovesu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really like the mushy teary eyed speeches... it is wonderful to hear loving words coming from a friend :) Just make sure it is sincere and you should be fine... short and sweet!
  • Options
    moeoscarmoeoscar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's nice to mention things that you love about the bride and groom being together. I've heard speeches where the MOH just talked about the bride only and it seems like they don't even care about the groom or that he even exists! Most important, keep it short!!!!! NO ONE likes a wordy speech.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like speeches that are meaningful and acknowledge both the bride and groom.One thing to avoid--unless the person will take it well--is any embarrassing story or anything that will make either of them feel uncomfortable.I was at a wedding and the MOH told 3 stories about the couple fighting b/c they were funny...it didn't go over well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards