Michigan-Detroit
Options

So frustrating!

My fiance and I decided we wanted a semi-informal outdoor wedding, well, the only places in our range are Metro Beach, Wolcott Mill, Stoney Creek, Indian Springs (metro parks) or city parks. Unfortunately the city parks don't all alcohol and all the metro parks have 'forced' caterers. GRRRR!

Re: So frustrating!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Does it have to be in that area? Mill Race Park in Northville is really nice. And when you book it, you have the entire park to yourself. Maybe it's worth checking in to. If you're concerned about the drive, you can always book a block of rooms at a nearby hotel that also offers shuttle service.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No alcoholic beverages. :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Maybe this would be a time for you both to reconsider your options if this is not what you want - a non-alcoholic wedding outdoor wedding. Some couples do a destination wedding with a few guests and come back to host a small/big reception in their backyard, park, hall, whatever. Or reduce your guest count to have more money in your budget to have the wedding that you both want. I really can't think of any other tips but, hope that helped. :/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey! i'm having my reception at Metro beach. They allow you to bring in your own beer and wine. If you want to have alcohol, you can use there vendor called cocktails and dreams (734) 513-4433. They have different alcohol packages, they can fax you there info. IWe are having all of our food cooked by professional chefs and we are bringing in the food and they will all be in chaffing dishes, so this is a way around using there "preferred vendors" which is Advantage foods (586)246-2918. If you post your email, I can give you more info.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    DH's cousin had her wedding at Indian Springs and they brought in their own alcohol (I think). And the catering was seriously one of the best wedding dinners we've ever had. It was so good!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards