Michigan-Detroit
Options

clinton township and surrounding cities

Is clinton township a nice area to live?  I am not from around there, but I have been searching for houses in that area.  Is there a certain area in Clinton twp. that is better than another?  Any information on that city/surrounding cities would be great!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: clinton township and surrounding cities

• Options
    emzielinskiemzielinski member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is just my opinion, but I hope it helps. I grew up in Clinton Township. We were looking at houses in the CT too, but I would stick in the 48038 zip code. You might consider looking at southern Macomb Township as well (just north of Hall Road), and northern Sterling Heights (48313). I would recommend the following school districts when buying a home in our area: northern Chippewa Valley, Utica, and L'Anse Creuse.
  • Options
    HeidiMarie95HeidiMarie95 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agree with pp 100 percent. I grew up in Clinton Township right in the area of Hall Road and Romeo Plank (48038 zipcode), and it's great. But some of the other areas...mainly closer to Gratiot and in the southeast part of the city actually have a lot more crime than you would expect. I would probably steer clear of the Clintondale district, IMO.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I grew up in Clinton Twp as well.  It is a very nice place to live.  Stay away from the are that is Clinton Dale schools, that is the not nice part.  Shelby Twp and Macomb twp are very nice as well. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I grew up in Macomb and agree with pp.  Try to stay north of Hall Rd (m-59).  They are all done by mile roads and that is considered 20 mile.  There are a lot of really nice neighborhoods out there.  I would also try to stay west of Card Road also, but that's just me.  there are a TON of gorgeous houses that are in foreclosure around the 22 and Card area.
  • Options
    alarthamealarthame member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just moved from Clinton Twp. I lived in the 48035 area (Pretty much Clintondale District, 16 Mile & Gratiot) and I would agree with the pp's. Though my block was decent, it was definitely not the best part of Clinton Twp.
    ~*~ Shauna & Patrick ~*~ 9/5/09 ~*~
    PhotobucketPhotobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree w/ pp. I grew up in Fraser, which is a neighboring city. Fraser is a great area too, with a good school system. Lots of houses available there too. I would stay away from the Groesbeck/Gratiot areas of Clinton Twp. I think it's funny that Clintondale STILL has a bad reputation. I've been out of HS for 17 yrs and it was bad then! Just keep in mind that the Hall Rd. area has a ton of traffic.
  • Options
    katiebird1981katiebird1981 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm selling my condo in Clinton Twp. and I don't recommend where I was living.  I lived at 18 mile & Hayes.  The neighborhood has been getting worse over the years and I felt a little unsafe at times.  This is just my opinion and maybe it's changed.  I moved out of there in March of this year.  HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Agree with PP's JMO--I would stay within Utica, Lanse creuse, Chippewa Valley school district....Fraser Schools aren't as up to date as perceived..
  • Options
    sunkissed212sunkissed212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live in Sterling Heights (48313)...19 mile/Hayes area, by Lakeside Mall. I like the area that we live in but we are starting to look north a little also, north of M59 (Hall Rd). We don't have children and neither of us grew up in the area so I can't comment on schools, sorry.But, if you want to buy our condo, I will sell it to you! lol
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    TTC #1 since 8/2010...2 years, 6 IUI's and 1 m/c later...
    08/2012 IVF #1, 2 5-day blasts transferred 8/19 = BFP! Beta 1 (8/28)=241, Beta 2 (8/30)=457, Beta 3 (9/5)=3,813, u/s 9/13=Twins!, u/s 9/21=Surprise...there's one more! TRIPLETS!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i live in clinton twp right now & i agree w/pp - stick with 48038 zip code & make sure it's chippewa valley HS district. are you moving for a job?? if so where is the job & maybe we can steer you anywhere between clinton twp & the job city.

My Chart
    TTC since Sept 2009
    Cycle#9-Natural BFP 7/9/2010 ~ m/c 7/31/2010 ~ 8/31/10 beta 0.
    Nov/Dec 2011, started seeing RE. HSG-all clear! SA is good! DX = unexplained IF.
    Cycle#25-50mg clomid, IUI#1 = BFP 12/24/11 ~ m/c 1/5/12 ~ 2/21/12 beta level finally 0.
    Cycle#28- 100mg clomid + Ovidrel + IUI#2 = BFN
    Cycle#29- Follistim + Ovidrel + IUI#3 = BFP 5/8/12 ~ betas dropped 5/17/12 ~ Cytotec(fail) D&C (fail) & then a methotrexate shot to get things going ~ 6/28/12 Beta FINALLY 0.
    RPL tests reveal MTHFR mutation(1copy)-adding Folgard & BA and moving forward.
    Cycle#32-Follistim + Ovidrel + IUI#4 = BFP!
    Beta#1 8/21/12: 11, Beta#2 8/23: 71, Beta#3 8/25:174
    9/4-seen sac/yolk, 9/7-9/12 hospitalized for a ruptured cyst causing massive internal bleeding.
    9/11-seen HB!! 9/18- no HB, 9/21/12-D&C. Fetal tissue testing revealed a healthy boy. Now getting more tests to try to figure out this mystery :(
  • Options
    tiff1783tiff1783 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thank you everyone for the help :)  we are moving for a job in madison heights... So we were looking somewhere around there.  School district is important, since we are starting to try in October !  Any other suggestions would be great :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you realize that its quite a hike from the areas suggested in Clinton Twp to Madison Heights?
  • Options
    ksunquestksunquest member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ditto. MH to Clinton Township is a hike. Madison Heights is not a bad place to live. The Lamphere School District is fine. DO NOT buy a house on the Madison side (bascially south of 11 and a half). Also, look into: Troy, Sterling Heights, Royal Oak, Beverly Hills, Berkley
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If the job's in Madison Heights I personally would suggest: Berkley- great schools and super cute little houses for decent prices right now- north of 12 mile is best Royal Oak- amazing schools- the main population is young professionals w/ no kids and older retirees, so there's TONS of tax money going to the schools and no kids to spend it on! Clawson- ok but the schools are not as great Beverly Hills is the best (I grew up there, I'm partial, but they really do have one of the best school systems in the state) Birmingham- outrageously high taxes but Beverly Hills/ B'ham have the same school district I would not suggest Clinton Twp for a job in Madison Hts- the homes are all much newer (5-40 yrs old as opposed to 20-100 yrs old in the areas I suggested) but you'll have to drive WITH all of the crazy rush-hour traffic to get to work! (Prices might be higher in my suggested areas, too, but the resale value is higher for the most part also) I'm not talking out of my as$, either- I grew up in Beverly Hills, lived in Macomb Twp, Clinton Twp and New Baltimore for 6 years beo
    Steph and Chris, 6/26/10
    Planned Executed
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    (sorry, computer's freezing up like a b!tch) **before moving back to the west side HTH!
    Steph and Chris, 6/26/10
    Planned Executed
  • Options
    ksunquestksunquest member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    shoot. Lamphere School District in Madison Heights is good. Madison is NOT!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I grew up in 48044 (Macomb)  and currently live in Shelby 48315  And absolutley love it.  Agree with most of the PP's..   You can't go wrong north of hall rd. and just south.  dont go further then gratiot IMO.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    missed a few posts.. I vote berkley.  My brother lived there for the past 5 years, He sold his house for  less then what he bought it for 5 years ago, after putting 50K into it..  Beautiful hosues  and a great up and coming neighborhood/citie.  He was at 12 and coolidge
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards