Michigan-Detroit
Options

Tell Us Tuesday!!

What is the best gift you've gotten FI/DH?It's our anniversary today and I have no clue what to get him :(

Re: Tell Us Tuesday!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    An iPod after his original one died.I would like to get him a time piece but that is going to have to wait until after the wedding.
  • Options
    sunkissed212sunkissed212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it would probably be the Fantasy Batting Practice at Comerica Park I got him for Christmas last year. He lovvveeedd it!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    TTC #1 since 8/2010...2 years, 6 IUI's and 1 m/c later...
    08/2012 IVF #1, 2 5-day blasts transferred 8/19 = BFP! Beta 1 (8/28)=241, Beta 2 (8/30)=457, Beta 3 (9/5)=3,813, u/s 9/13=Twins!, u/s 9/21=Surprise...there's one more! TRIPLETS!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Jacks21583Jacks21583 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't laugh...but I think I would have to say paying for his Detroit Lions tattoo. What can I say, he's a die-hard fan. =)
  • Options
    jbasore1123jbasore1123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tickets to his first concert- Jack Johnson... he loved it
  • Options
    HiggyFan42HiggyFan42 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh my gosh! Jbasore!!! Did you guys go to the one at DTE last summer? I got him tickets to MSU vs Notre Dame football last fall... he's a HUGE notre dame fan.. and I'm a HUGE state fan so it was a fun time. I got him a digital SLR camera for wedding day so that will probably top the list.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If I'm really trying hard on gifts, I either to a tattoo or a musical instrument related thing! Cuz those are things he wouldn't normally get for himself.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    His GPS...he really is directionally impaired. haha
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Probably his Michigan Football jersey. It has his last name on it, and instead of a regular number, it's the pi symbol. :)He also really loved the new bike I got him for his bday last weekend. (His old one was falling apart and he needed a more reliable way to get to class).
  • Options
    ~ K~ K
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Last year for our 5 year anniversary/his birthday (they're 2 weeks apart) I bought him a Movado watch.  I saved for months and months and a friend of mine worked part time at a jewelry store, so she let me used her discount.  I was so excited since I had been planning it for so long, then 2 weeks before I was going to give it to him, he told me he didn't like Movado's anymore.  WHAT!?! I was devastated (he had been talking about wanting one since I met him), and wasn't sure if I should still give it to him.Fast forward 2 weeks when he proposed, I was glad I decided to keep the watch, lol.  And he ended up loving it!  He also claims he doesn't remember saying he didn't like Movados.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, it was almost a trip to Chicago for his birthday, until we realized we'll NEVER be able to take a trip together in June for the next 20 years because of the 500 kids' birthday parties in June and father's day.So instead, it was small, sentimental stuff.  I got him a bunch of stuff for his birthday last year, including a photo collage in a nice frame of him with Amanda and all the nieces & nephews from all his races that he ran, and topped off the gift with a 40 oz. of beer for his 40th birthday (he loves his Miller Lite more than life itself, LOL).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    rootmel1rootmel1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I worked with his Mom one year to get his Father's watch repaired for him.  He would have never spent the money on it himself.  He loved it!
  • Options
    ejayejay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He would probably say his XBOX 360 and a case of beer that he couldn't buy in MI ... It was his Christmas gift a few years ago. I would pick his watch :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hot air balloon ride in FL... i'm getting him scuba lessons for xmas this year - he got certified when he was younger and always expresses how we should do it together. lol i guess all of my cool gifts are always a gift to myself too haha :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ok i take that back... those are what i think are the coolest gifts - he would say his LV wallet with his initials engraved in it or this stupid watch that he's wanted for awhile. (FI has a million watches - he wanted a wedding watch rather than a wedding band ha... like that would happen!)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Meghan--I love the hot air balloon idea! We were supposed to do that for my mom's birthday years ago and they ended up cancelling a million times because the weather never cooperated. Boo Michigan weather! :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got him an autographed Henrik Zetterberg stick last year for his b-day (his fave player!) I was so excited, I videotaped him opening it bc I assumed he would go nuts! Yup, not at all. He said "Cool, thanks" and went back to the Ipod Touch I had also bought him...he loved that more! I made him "reopen" the stick and do a better reaction for me...i was not a happy camper! I think those were the best ones, i was so proud of myself!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI is actually going to get his best gift tomorrow =)Tomorrow is actually both of our birthdays, and I have arranged for us to go on a fishing charter on Lake St. Clair.He is going to be so surprised and excited, I can't wait!
  • Options
    GwenwhyfareGwenwhyfare member
    edited December 2011
    Like PP said I would say the Ipod I got him. But, he never used it so I do now..haha.He would say the Kenneth Cole watch I got him two Christmas' ago. I wish he would wear it more often, but he doesn't want it to get ruined.
    There is no death. Only a change of worlds
    life | home
  • Options
    jessimaphonejessimaphone member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I took him flying last year in a little Cessna over his hometime of Mio.
  • Options
    l&bbabyl&bbaby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He loved the bpics... but other then that I would say our boat. I got a great deal on it and he has ALWAYS wanted one. I think thats what sold him on marrying me ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Would probably have to be the gift I got him our first Christmas together. It made him cry. His dog had died a couple months prior, so I got a picture of her from his mom and got it etched onto a keepsake box. Inside it I got a knife (he collects) and had the dog's name engraved on the handle.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFetus Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    jbasore1123jbasore1123 member
    edited December 2011
    Higgy- Yes, it was last year at DTE :) Were you there too?
  • Options
    catstoy73catstoy73 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got him the Xbox 360 for his birthday 2 years ago and watching his mouth drop to the floor and being speechless for 5 min was the best reaction!  He was also surprised at the gift I got him for our wedding.  He only wears it when he isn't working because he doesn't want it to get ruined.  Those would have to be the best gifts I ever gave him.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tickets to see the Foo Fighters last Feb.Its his fav band, and I he thought we couldnt go because it was too expensive.It was the best concert ever!
    Photobucket ~Kat~ wedding websites
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards