Ohio-Columbus

Griggs Boathouse

Has anyone had there reception at Griggs Boathouse?  I know it only holds 100 people and is 28' x74', I wonder how much room is left for a dance floor.  Pictures would be helpful too, there are none of the space decorated online!

Re: Griggs Boathouse

• I was wondering the same thing! Did you ever get an answers?

• My dad took me there when I was back home to visit. I thought it would be a great place for my fiancée and into get married at because that was where we took our first walk at. It is a nice size place just stinks they only let you have 100 people.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't know how helpful this will be - but - it's a picture!

http://www.made-from-scratch.com/facilities?pid=5&sid=115:Griggs-Boathouse
  • Hey tanya78729
    Did you ended up deciding on Griggs for you wedding? 
    Im considering, will look at the place in a few weeks. Im just a little concern about the size since we want to have both ceremony and reception at the same venue...

If anyone else has some info on this venue, please share it.
    I only found 2 reviews googling them...

Thanks
    Bride Naty :)
  • Hey natyoliveira, No we are not going to do it there. I would love to but it hey only let you have 100 people and we will be having about 150 ish. My fiancée and I are going to look at a couple places next month and make our decision. Most of those rec centers only let you have about 100 people so they make it a little difficult.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi everyone! We had our reception at Griggs Boathouse and we loved it. We had about 90 guests, and although the dance floor wasn't huge, it worked just fine. My favorite thing about the boathouse is the setting and I'm in love with all of the pictures we took outside. I've posted a couple of pictures here to give you an idea of our set up inside, but I'm happy to share more.

• lil81lil81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I'd love to see more photos! Is there enough of an outdoor area for the ceremony? We will have about 75 guests or so, so the size would be perfect. I don't want my wedding to feel tiny in some giant hall.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards