Michigan-Detroit
Options

I need color help!!

Hi, Im getting married in september ( a few years) And im a bit confused on color. I want brown & red as my wedding colors, but how will my 4 bridesmaids look walking down the aisle in brown dresses next to my groomsmen who are in black suits? Does it really not matter? Help please!!

Re: I need color help!!

• Options
    elkayelkay member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gosh, it won't matter! I think everyone is used to seeing guys in black suits no matter what the other colors are. You could choose bouts with some brown bit in them. If you still have a few years, you won't even be ordering dresses for a long time, so exact shades of brown may be different then too. Cocoa, rust, russet, tan, dark chocolate, tobacco, and a zillion others are all "brown" - who knows what the dress makers will have available? Just start collecting stuff like ribbons or feathers or fabric samples (home dec swatches are helpful) in colors you like to play with a sample scheme.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It will look fine. The groomsmen could wear khaki suits or have them wear a vest/tie in the brown with a black suit and maybe a brown pocket square to match the bridesmaids. I personally don't like brown suits though.
  • Options
    TruchanaTruchana member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It will look fine, but if it were me, I would have them wear dark khaki suits.  I would not do tuxes because they seem too formal and I would not do brown suits. 
  • Options
    sunkissed212sunkissed212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My girls will be in brown dresses and the guys will be in black. Normally, I am a firm believer in no brown/black combo but I have seen enough pics with the combo of brown dresses and black tuxes and it looks fine. There are also brown tuxes you can get, I haven't seen any in person so I don't know if I would like them but they are out there.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    TTC #1 since 8/2010...2 years, 6 IUI's and 1 m/c later...
    08/2012 IVF #1, 2 5-day blasts transferred 8/19 = BFP! Beta 1 (8/28)=241, Beta 2 (8/30)=457, Beta 3 (9/5)=3,813, u/s 9/13=Twins!, u/s 9/21=Surprise...there's one more! TRIPLETS!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well my finace is dead set on black suits. But thank you all for the reassurance! Make me feel much better.
  • Options
    TruchanaTruchana member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Then you should be fine! Cant go wrong with black suits.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards