August 2013 Weddings

save the dates

I want to start looking into them - I'm planning on using pics from our engagement session for either a card or magnet type STD.

Where did you get yours? What was the price range if you're willing to share?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: save the dates

• MrsF0831MrsF0831 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2012
    I purchased my save the dates like back in october lol I found a really good deal on shutterfly where I ended up getting 120 save the date cards that i created w my engagement pics for $35 when the origional price was $95 the offer was too good to let slip by so we bought them super early. lol sign up for shutterfly they always have really good deals every week. 
    Anniversary

TTC starting 8/2014 :)
    My Ovulation Chart

• Xstatic3333Xstatic3333 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited August 2012
    I got mine from Wedding Paper Divas. They were having a 25 off promo, so it was around 75 for 70 postcards. Not the cheapest out there, but we wanted nonpicture postcards and I loved their designs! The other place I looked was vistaprint and they didn't seem to have postcard options. When is everyone sending theirs? We have a Friday wedding so I want to send them on the early side of the acceptable range.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2013-weddings_save-the-dates-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:0c4df628-5c86-4382-8f99-5d75e3f57aa4Discussion:409fbd92-62b5-486c-9218-6f76b775fbd7Post:f54b590a-7166-4829-bd39-bd5bb20f04f3">Re:save the dates</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got mine from Wedding Paper Divas. They were having a 25 off promo, so it was around 75 for 70 postcards. Not the cheapest out there, but we wanted nonpicture postcards and I loved their designs! The other place I looked was vistaprint and they didn't seem to have postcard options. When is everyone sending theirs? We have a Friday wedding so I want to send them on the early side of the acceptable range.
    Posted by Xstatic3333[/QUOTE]
    6 months before the wedding for the most part people who would have to travel already know the dates
    Anniversary

My Ovulation Chart

• I am getting mine off of vistaprint. They had a groupon for $17 for $70 worth of printing. Which is like the exact amount I needed to print 100 of them! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker August 2013 March Siggy Challenge: The Dress! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am not 100% sure how we are going to do ours yet. I want to do a "film strip" type idea on a magnet. I have looked at craft stores and its about $15 to buy 50 strips of magnet so I might end up printing them myself.
  • I am planning on doing a postcard with a picture from our e-pics on Vistaprint. We aren't doing our e-pics until September, so I haven't started seriously looking yet, but I know there are always Groupons out there for Vistaprint. Hopefully I can snag one before I need to make them. A friend also told me to just Google "free vistaprint postcards" and you can sometimes find coupon codes! I am planning on sending them out 6 months before, so the beginning of February. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We used wedding paper divas. Here is our STD. We just sent them out yesterday!
  • keyshkeysh yours came out so cute!! I love the pictures. Thank you all for the ideas! I'm going to have to keep an eye out for vistaprint and shutterfly deals!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Shutterfly is great. I made our guestbook using shutterfly.
  • I used a groupon $17 for $70 deal and made custom magnets for our save the dates.  They turned out great and I'm thinking we'll send them at the beginning of September.

I plan on using shutterfly to make our guestbook and I'm using it right now to make a nice photobook of our engagment pictures.  You can usually find deals for them on Groupon or Livingsocial also.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2013-weddings_save-the-dates-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:0c4df628-5c86-4382-8f99-5d75e3f57aa4Discussion:409fbd92-62b5-486c-9218-6f76b775fbd7Post:bd603999-7d46-47c4-90ad-a9e491075c1d">Re: save the dates</a>:
    [QUOTE]keyshkeysh yours came out so cute!! I love the pictures. Thank you all for the ideas! I'm going to have to keep an eye out for vistaprint and shutterfly deals!
    Posted by mrsrutkowski[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Thanks hun I always get deals from shutterfly like almost every other day lol i can keep an eye out for u and if I see something great I can email it to u or something... and they are good for guestbooks too if u wanted to make ur own guestbook. (i had a code for a free one so I just paid the shipping) 
     Pm your email if youd like me to send u a shutterfly deal if i find one too good to be true and better than vistaprint</div>
    Anniversary

My Ovulation Chart

• sent, thank you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards