Michigan-Detroit
Options

Private Collection Gown??

I went to Nancy's Bridal in Shelby Twp. today and I think I found THE DRESS.  Only thing is, the lady said it's a Private Collection gown and they don't advertise much, so I probably wouldn't be able to find it online to show my mom.  They also wouldn't let us take pictures in the store.  I know that's not uncommon, but I want to be able to show my mom a picture of it.  Has anyone heard of The Private Collection?  Anything good or bad?  Anyone have experience with Nancy's?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Private Collection Gown??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that is a lie. A lot of the smaller bridal salons won't give out the designer name so that you don't buy is somewhere else. Did you take a picture of it, hidden in the dressing room? That was what I did, then posted it on "the dress" board, and those girls picked out who the designer was. I went to Nancy's and they were nice, but I didn't get my dress there.
  • Options
    leeshab1982leeshab1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One of my friends took a picture before we knew we weren't supposed to.  It's kind of a crappy side angle, but maybe someone would be able to pick out the designer.  I will post it when she sends it to me.I feel like it's sneaky that these places would lie about the designers.  Doesn't seem like good business.  The price of the dress is great and I hadn't even considered looking elsewhere until the lady got all weird when I asked who made the dress.  I just wanted to find it online to show my mom. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I might just be honest with them and tell them that.  I really think if you phrase it to them like I wont buy the dress without my mom seeing it first and in order for that to happen I need either a picture of the dress or the name of it so I can find it online to show her.  If you can't do that then I guess I can't buy my dress from you.Or like Rebecca said try to take a picture of it without them noticing hehe
    Photobucket Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Private Label is a brand too.http://www.privatelabelbyg.com/Maybe that's what she meant?
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    TruchanaTruchana member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would just sneak a pic.  It's weird, in houston they let you take all the pic yu want, it wasn't until I got back to Michigan that they wouldn't let me!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They are lying. Nancy's bridal and Dior Bridal both pulled that crap with me when I was dress shopping. They have no business cutting the tags out of the dress and saying it is private or as the lady at dior said "it is one of our own design"--whatever.  The one I had looked at was a Casablanca.  Unfortunately I spent two hours online before I discovered it.  Try "I do Too in Plymouth. I felt like they had a lot of the same dresses as Nancy's and Dior but they all have the tags and will tell you the designer.
    Trying for #1 since 5/2010
    12/2010-hysteroscopy done to remove uterine polyps
    6/2/11=BFP!!!!
    EDD 2/12/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG!  Aldarr...I looked on Casablanca's website after I read your post and I totally found the dress on their site!  It is their style #1827.  Seriously, that makes me so mad!  I'm obviously not going to go back and buy a dress from them after they just lied to me about the whole "private collection" thing.  Thanks for the help, ladies! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh good, I'm glad you found it! Most salons can order it for you since you know the designer and style. Just find a salon that you liked dealing with and order it through them. I found my dress at a place in Birmingham and ended up ordering it through Arena for about $600 cheaper. That dress is very pretty, but I'm partial to lace!! [url]http://www.casablancabridal.com/collections/view/5/84[/url]
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for posting the link, Rebecca.  My only requirement when trying on dresses was that it had to have lace.  Other than that, I had no idea what I wanted.  Luckily, this is an older dress design, so the price is great!  Plus, it makes me feel skinny!!  Can't beat that :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    wow, how shady!!! i'm so glad you were able to figure it out...thats a beautiful dress :):)
    **Beth**
    Old Planning Bio
    FOR SALE!!

May 15, 2010
    image image
  • Options
    DatsyuksMommyDatsyuksMommy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A lot of stores have a private collection/label that is designed by another company. At I Do Too bridal in Plymouth, the private label collection (which my dress is from) is made by Jasmine Bridal. Is there a designer that a lot of their bridesmaid dresses are from? It's probably the same designer.
    Me: 26 DH: 32
    TTC since 08/2010
    Anovulatory since at least 12/2010 (probably longer, unDx)
    Dx PCOS 3/2012
    SA 5/25/12--normal
    June 2012--50mg clomid+TI--BFN
    July 2012--50mg clomid+Ovidrel+TI--BFN, lining at 5mm
    August 2012--5mg femara+Ovidrel+TI
  • Options
    kimbus87kimbus87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sucks about Nancy's but LOVE the dress!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So glad you found the maker of the dress! Now that you have that info definitely call around and get the best price.  I would definitely try Arena Bridal or I do too in plymouth. They both carry casablanca I believe and were both really great to work with when I was dress shopping. Good Luck!! :+)
    Trying for #1 since 5/2010
    12/2010-hysteroscopy done to remove uterine polyps
    6/2/11=BFP!!!!
    EDD 2/12/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards