Michigan-Detroit
Options

some knot boards...

Has anyone noticed that some of these boards have their own personality types? I was on a different board today and noticed that the girls on there are just plain mean, stuck up..... They team up on someone and write two page threads to continuously pummel that person. Scary stuff, I think I'll stay on my Local boards and July 2010 board. Thank you all for being nice!

Re: some knot boards...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    haha, I went into the 'wedding party' board and thought i was going to get killed! They said i have a princess complex and blah blah...I'm like dude..if I have a princess complex I wanna know which princess paid for everything themselves!
  • Options
    DatsyuksMommyDatsyuksMommy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Who cares if you have a "princess complex"?? It's your wedding! You get to be more fabulous for this one day than you will probably ever be in your whole life. I'm taking a ride in a white horse-drawn carriage! If that's too princess-y, Greenfield Village shouldn't offer it. That's JMHO though...
    Me: 26 DH: 32
    TTC since 08/2010
    Anovulatory since at least 12/2010 (probably longer, unDx)
    Dx PCOS 3/2012
    SA 5/25/12--normal
    June 2012--50mg clomid+TI--BFN
    July 2012--50mg clomid+Ovidrel+TI--BFN, lining at 5mm
    August 2012--5mg femara+Ovidrel+TI
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well it's actually funny because if you talk to any of my family/friends/fi they'll tell you I am the most "people pleaser" person they have ever met...last time i checked princesses were a little more self centered!And congrats on getting the carriage!!! Way I look at it, it may only be one day but it's also a once in a lifetime thing for me so might as well make it happen with a bang!
  • Options
    sunkissed212sunkissed212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was curious, so I found your thread over there and wow...seriously, that's the feedback you got from them? Come on, you mean to tell me that those girls didn't look at a single BM dres until 7 months before their wedding? Or have a specific look in mind? Lame.And, I noticed that they find it necessary to do a lot of CAPITALS and BOLDING in their replies to people...a little over dramatic for my taste.I think some of the girls on my club board are crazy personally (I know a lot of girls from this board are active on my club board too those girls are obviously excluded from "crazy" lol).  I got my @ss chewed out for saying that I didn't think that a Bride and Groom should host their own engagement party...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    TTC #1 since 8/2010...2 years, 6 IUI's and 1 m/c later...
    08/2012 IVF #1, 2 5-day blasts transferred 8/19 = BFP! Beta 1 (8/28)=241, Beta 2 (8/30)=457, Beta 3 (9/5)=3,813, u/s 9/13=Twins!, u/s 9/21=Surprise...there's one more! TRIPLETS!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My future in laws threw our Engagement Party and we "hosted" it...as in were the guest of honors lol. Why would YOU throw your OWN engagement party...that seems a little "HEY OVER HERE I WANT YOU TO LOOK AT ME FOR THE NEXT 31232 Months!"And I really need to get a lot of wedding stuff done now. I work two jobs right now. In March I will start getting mad busy with the teaching stuff...and with hopefully teaching summer school...I'm afraid of waiting until the last second to do anything! So pft to them!
  • Options
    tnspighttnspight member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I posted a vent/? here and on P&E once.  They went off on P&E - I couldn't believe it.  A couple girls from here defended me to the P&E board and everyone else was very supportive.  It was so messed up...  I stick to the D, Feb, and Cath brides.  So sad....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    omg, I didn't even post anything, I was just lurking haha. But one girl asked a question about HM registries, and while I see where everyone is coming from, someone else accused her of making excuses for having a HM registry. And then the person who asked the question took offense to that and gave a little attitude. The mean girl said something along the lines of "you're a newbie who received a warm welcome so now you feel like you can talk back to people"... like how a kid talks back to their mom. I mean I understand being a veteran knottie, but I don't think that means you can just be rude to new people and they aren't allowed to stand up for themselves! And people were backing her up!And then they were complaining because someone new came and asked a question. They were irritated that people come to their board and ask questions but don't contribute! It's kind of intimidating when everyone knows each other, I don't blame people for lurking and only asking a question or two, especially in those specific boards.And in a different post this one girl said something that was pretty insensitive, but the entire board started yelling at her! It was >2 page post, even after she apologized they were still being mean to her!All this on the same board, I am never asking a question there!
  • Options
    mink492mink492 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    P&E girls are notorious for being snooty... which is kinda ironic. It's fun to lurk sometimes (to laugh) but I kept/keep my posting to here & the DIY board.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sry for double post!Yea, I read that post about the BM dresses. I don't know why people can't just answer your question instead of telling you how stupid the dress is. Puhlease everyone looks at BM dresses early, and what does the timing matter anyways?Kim, you got chewed out for being right?! Geeez. Oh, yea I'm talking about the P&E board, I wish someone would've warned me!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yea, I got my a$$ chewed on P&E about who to invite to the RD. Really stupid. IDK what it is w/ some of the nat'l boards. I think it's hilarious that Advice From Brides is now Snarky Brides. The regulars on that board had previously taken over NEY, and somehow actual NEY posters took the board back. It used to be a NEY vs. AFB, and now they've merged. It's definitely a community within itself!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yep I've noticed it.  I stick strictly to this one and the April 2010 ones....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    l&bbabyl&bbaby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are only mean if you are vendor posting as a bride :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I remember the thread from the tnspight..there are some rude azz women on the P&E board..makes me almost want to post obnoxious posts just to stir the pot on there. In fact I think I will today, I am feeling mischieveous.
    Trying for #1 since 5/2010
    12/2010-hysteroscopy done to remove uterine polyps
    6/2/11=BFP!!!!
    EDD 2/12/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    JPtachJPtach member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so glad that I'm not alone in mostly avoiding the P&E board, I wasn't picked on but I saw some serious cattiness, especially towards girls posting with legitimate P&E questions. One chic was venting about the same type of questions being asked by new girls on the same day. She even wrote a response to one ( I'll admit it was long) post "Paragraphs are your friend" which I did snicker at but if it was my post I'd be a little hurt.  I really just stick to here or to Getting in Shape. But mostly to just here or lurk in the beauty board. I was really impressed with how nice everyone was to me when I first started posting on this board.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards