Michigan-Detroit
Options

Soooo Upset...sorry kinda long..

So I just found out today that my recpetion hall vendor fired the 2 ladies that run the wedding part of the venue. I booked them 2 months ago and the only reason I felt confident with booking them is because I trusted them. They've worked there for 14 years!!! And now, someone new is going to have to take over, if they even decide to hire someone:( I don't know what to do, I'm so worried that ti's not going to be perfect now. I just want to cry. I really want to cancel them and go somewhere else, but we already put down a $1000 deposit. I'm thinking about asking for it back since the terms have changed. I mean our date is still a year and a half out, I'm sure they'll get someone else to book it for that night...I just don't know what to do....
BabyFruit Ticker

Photobucket

Re: Soooo Upset...sorry kinda long..

• Options
    HiggyFan42HiggyFan42 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you love the place, I'd stick with it. When I booked my reception venue it was with one coordinator who I really liked. Then about 6 months later, she got promoted so they transferred us to a different coordinator who I couldn't stand.... never ended up liking her... but it all worked out wonderfully and we had no issues... well, big issues anyways. :) So, if you LOVE the venue... stick it out and I'm sure it will work out great.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    HiggyFan42HiggyFan42 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YES!!! DOC for sure. I used Shelly at Simplicity and she was fantastic.. best move I could have made... unfortunately I didn't make that move until like a month before my wedding. You should contact them... [url]http://simplicitydoc.blogspot.com[/url]
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We lost our initial site coordinator, too, but it worked out (the DOC suggestion from ms nobody is key; I recommend you get one even if you love the new person to bits; the site coordinator's first responsibility is the site, after all; the DOC will focus on you). It'll work out; if you like the venue, get a DOC and document everything with your site coordinator via email. Things will flow smoothly. If you back out, you'll probably lose your deposit; unless your contract names these two people specifically, the terms haven't changed (if it's mentioned, the contract probably states they'll provide a site coordinator, but not who it will be). But again, I'm sure it'll work out. :) Get a DOC!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We lost our main contact also, about 2 months before the wedding. If you love the place, stick with it. Just because the coordinator is new to the place doesn't mean she is new to the business. Plus, in over a year and a half, she will have worked out all of the kinks of being new before your wedding :) I wouldn't worry about it, she may be new but everyone else there is not, like the banquet manager, chef, etc. Just make sure when you do your final details (usually a few months before), that everything is in writing and you will be ok! Where is your location?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're using Barnstormer in Whitmore Lake.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Photobucket

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards