Michigan-Detroit
Options

Pine Knob Review?

Anyone have thier wedding here? The Carriage House is my top choice and I'm trying to gather any helpful information I can before I make a decision. Like how was the food? Pros and cons of the venue? Did anyone use the outdoor pavillion? Any words of wisdom are appreciated lol. You can email me if you prefer ;)tribalgrl22@hotmail.com
Photobucket

Re: Pine Knob Review?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We went to a wedding there a few years back (for some friends of ours).  I don't remember much about the food (so I'm sure it was fine).  What I do remember though is that it was really dark inside and most of the pictures turned out like crap because there wasn't enough lighting. :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would page Tarah on the nest she just had her wedding there in June.  I am having mine at the mansion in May.  I have heard nothing but wonderful things about both the mansion and the house.
    Photobucket Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    inthestar61inthestar61 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Hi Lexi!!!!!!My friend Tarah and my friend Jessica had/are both having their weddings here. See Tarah's review here:[url]http://manningwedding.weebly.com/vendor-reviews.html[/url]
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ErinBrunErinBrun member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had my wedding at the carriage house in August, we LOVED it. The food is the best reception food Ive had, and many of our guests have ever had (cause they told us). The venue is great. The service is great. We did not have our ceremony at the pavilion. My reviews are in my bio. Email me if you have any questions! erinbrun at gmail dot com.  The only trouble is to make sure you have mutual clear understanding w/ the office about what you can do for pictures if you want pictures at the Mansion. that was our only snag. HIGHLY recommended!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my wedding was  in Sept of 08 - and we loved the carriage house!  We had ceremony outside in pavillion - it was beautiful.  Reception was incredible - food was amazing - service and staff were all fantastic!!!  The office staff (Laurie) .....definitely set in their ways!  They are very strict on their time frames .......... my only advise would be to lay that out with Laurie (not the sales staff) before you give them your deposit in order to make sure you get what you want.  For instance, if you want the bar closed during dinner, tell them that upfront - they were not going to let me do this at first and I was NOT HAPPY......anyway, they did in the end, so it was all good.  But had I shared my timeline with them before I signed and gave them a deposit, I probably would have saved myself some frustration.Otherwise, everything was perfect.  I have no regrets and looking back would not change anything.  I would definitely recommend!!  If you want more info or pics, just let me know and I can email you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Amy you little stinker! Congrats my dear! I am sooooo happy for you and Spence! You guys have such a happy little life together with the new house and everything this will just be the best thing ever! We have to do lunch soon and talk wedding/baby talk! So glad you made this post! Thanks for the help!Lex
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    octoberfallwedding- Yes I would definitely love some pics! Also, did you close it at dinner to keep it open an hour later? I am like so not experienced with this wedding planning. I feel like too nervous I have no idea what my timeline should be lol. I did hear thats the one thing with P Knob they are strict on timing. I am having the ceremony at church but want to use the pavillion for cocktail hour and a dancefloor later. Did you do this too? I love the idea of dancing outside but am concerned with where the dj would be setting up and logistics of doing this ie. first dance should be outside or inside? etc. Also, very torn between the dates of Spt 11 or Oct 2. I prefer 10/2 for the obvious reason of 9/11 not being an ideal date but the weather is my major concern. Will people still use the pavillion on Oct 2nd do you think? That outdoor area is 80% of my reason for falling in love with the venue. If it turned out it was too cold and no one used it I would be devastated. Anyway! Sorry Im rambling here. So many decisons! Thanks for the help ;)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    no problem at all!  I'm email you tonight some pictures and my thoughts on bar, date, etc!    
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks sooo much! I need all the help I can get it feels like! lol
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards