Ohio-Columbus
Options

Catering

Hello everyone this is my first post. 
My wedding is August 4, 2012 and I'm just getting started.  I have my venue, both ceremony and reception will be held at the same location.  I am on a limited buget and my family will be doing the cartering for about a 100 people, we are doing a buffet style event. Does anyone have any idea of how much this will cost? Also I'm looking for some DIY reception decoration ideas my theme is orange, yellow and light green.

Re: Catering

• Options
    Well how much the buffet style dinner costs will depend greatly on what you serve! If you do pasta and salad...you could probably do it for a few hundred. I am using Carfagnas catering and I know they will sell you the pastas and salad by the pan. Depending on what your budget is, this could be a viable option. What exactly is your budget and where is your venue?
  • Options
    My budget is going to be between 1000-1500 for 100.00 people. My parents will be catering. We plan on doing chicken and salmon, with a salad bar, sides and maybe some Hors d'oeuvre for cocktail hour.
  • Options
    Also, I'm trying to find somewhere that in inexpensive to either rent or purchase my dinnerware. I really don't want to use disposables. Does anyone have any suggestions?

• Options
    I am using nicole's cafe for my caterer we are getting 4 appetizers (a couple pieces per person) 2 options for buffet, 2 sides, salad with 2 dresses, rolls, coffee, iced tea, linens for the buffet tables, servers, cooks, 2 bartenders, bar package (4 sodas, cups, ice), china, napkins, pre set water glasses, and cake cutting for 175 for 4500! 

We met with another caterer that was cheaper but we really just liked the people of nicole's cafe better and their food is great! I would say for 100 you are looking at around 2500 but you can always lower it with less appetizers and doing your own bar package! 
  • Options
    I will not be having any alcohol. My family will be catering my event. I just wanted to know if 1000-1500 would be enough for them to cater for 100 people. 
  • Options

I think it will be tight with the meal options you are doing, but it should be do-able. Do you have a Sams Club membership? If not, I'd invest in one. I am purchasing the silverware from Acemart.com and renting the China from Lasting Impressions. The fact that you are not having alcohol definitely gives you more budget room. We are spending less than $2000 for 100 people and this includes catering, service, alcohol, and china rental. We are only doing beer, wine, and champagne.

• Options
    Wow!  Who are you using? Are you having buffet or plated? what's your menu like?
  • Options
    We are having a buffet style dinner. There will be roast beef w/au jus, turkey w/gravy, roasted red potatoes, green beans, a penne pasta with marinara for vegetarians, and rolls/butter. The food was a little over $10/per person. We are using Carfagnas. I must edit my prior response, our quote is for 80 people right now, because thats how many we guestimate will show...but the majority of our bill is due to service, not the food. So I doubt our quote will change that much for 100. We are renting the china from Lasting Impressions and buying the alcohol ourselves but they are delivering and serving the food, cutting the cake, providing a bar tender, and doing all the cleanup. They are even returning the china for us :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards