Michigan-Detroit
Options

Hotel/Reception

My fiance and I are just starting to plan out wedding, we are not getting married until June 24, 2011 but I want to get started! Just wondered if anyone knows of any hotels near the warren/troy area that put on nice receptions? We are not planning on a huge wedding, something less expensive but still very nice.  I have been looking around, but have not found much... I would appreciate any ideas!Thanks!

Re: Hotel/Reception

• Options
    Blueyes122299Blueyes122299 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure if they do receptions but the durrey inn (don't think that's the right spelling). It's in Troy it's connected to Fridays off of big Beaver between crooks and livernois. Hope that helps a little.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Are you flexible on the area? If so, we had our ceremony & reception at the Concorde Inn in Macomb at Hall/Gratiot. They did an amazing job and very reasonable rates. The room looked beautiful & there is a really nice Promenade area outside the reception room.
  • Options
    catstoy73catstoy73 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Look into the San Marino Club on 16 (Big Beaver Rd) betwee Rochester and John R (I had my reception there last year). There are several hotels down the road from there and it is close to the expressway. In Warren there is The Gazebo on Mound and 13. There are a few hotels in the area closer to 12 and 696. HTH
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second The Gazebo. One of my showers was there. The food and service was great!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There is the Sterling Inn in Sterling Heights that is a hotel/reception combo.They have good prices and seem to include a lot in their packages - I'd check it out.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How small is your wedding going to be?  We ran into the same issue because a lot of venues didn't want to accommodate for a wedding of 70 when they can have a wedding of 100+.  However, we were able to find at least four places that will take us on a Saturday evening despite our small size.  Think culutural centers, smaller chain hotels, bed and breakfast, etc.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    shrades77shrades77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I thnk that the Marriott in Troy, and I think it used to be a Hilton, but now is a Ramada Inn (??) in Troy both do weddings.  I know another knottie had her reception at the Ramada Inn (i think that's what it's called now) and was very happy!
    **Rachel & Andy - 9.6.09**

Vendor Reviews l Pro Pic Preview image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards