Michigan-Detroit

Destination Wedding - Ship or Check Bag the Dress????

Newbie here....hi gals!  :-)

Ok, I am doing a destination wedding and am wondering how people have transported their dress?  My dress is very big at the bottom so I'm doubting it will fit in my carryon. 

Wondering if I should ship it or check it as a checked bag?  We have several connections so I'm a little worried about checking it. 

Thoughts??? 

Thanks,
Rachel

Re: Destination Wedding - Ship or Check Bag the Dress????

• When we went to the DR for our honeymoon, I saw lots of brides hand carrying their dress. The flight attendants will usually make room for it in the hanging bag area they have at the front of the plane.
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_destination-wedding-ship-or-check-bag-the-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:11b0c2d7-2d8c-47b7-b33f-6f3e35028052Post:78771d03-ea6e-4e4f-a8a2-24ac11771bc2">Re: Destination Wedding - Ship or Check Bag the Dress????</a>:
    [QUOTE]When we went to the DR for our honeymoon, I saw lots of brides hand carrying their dress. The flight attendants will usually make room for it in the hanging bag area they have at the front of the plane.
    Posted by Meegles4[/QUOTE]

This.  I would definitely carry it on.  You never know what could happen and I'd be terrified of it getting lost or delayed.  I've seen and known a few people to carry it on and the flight attendants are always extra helpful to them and will make room for your dress.
  • I am flying from AZ to MI for my wedding and have mine on a carry on bag.  I would not count on flight attendants being able to store the dress.  It depends on how big it is, how much other stuff they have in the closet, if they are being nice, etc.  They do NOT have to store it and when I inquired about the same issue I was not received nicely.  You would be surprised how small you can get a big dress!  The lady you did my alterations packed up my dress and made it fit (with room to spare) in my carry on suitcase.  I would ask who ever is doing your alterations to help you package it, they receive dresses so know how to make them fit.  I would by no means check or ship it.  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards