Michigan-Detroit
Options

XP: My last post as a single lady (I'm pretty sure, LOL)

Well gals, my wedding is in 4 days. Until today, I figured I had everything under control, my remaining 3 days before the wedding were well planned. Then........ EARTHQUAKE!!!! You are right, this was not a major deal in Michigan (I guess some people like Kevin felt it), but I did not. However, before I knew about it I got a call from my son who was at Union Station in DC, ready to board a train to the Baltimore airport to fly home tonight. With slower train service and delays, he was not going to make his flight. So, I spent an hour on the phone with Delta airlines getting his flight changed to tomorrow morning, luckily at no cost to him.

This creates a very tight schedule for tomorrow, with appointments between 10 am and 7 pm for flower pick up, mani/pedi/facials, picking stuff up from the caterer, hair appointment for my daughter (MOH) and paying balances in person for vendors.

But last minute stress aside, I wanted to tell you all how much I have enjoyed being a part of this board, listening to all your plans, and helping when I could. Being an "older bride" means sometimes I don't place as much importance on things you stress about, but nonetheless I hope you have all felt that I care about you and that your day was as special as you could make it. And, I  have learned a few things along the way as well.

I've read these "last posts" on my month board, this one, and others. I honestly never felt it would come to my day............it seemed like an eternity until about a month ago, and since then it's been a runaway freight train.

I will not slink away, I will come back and share pics and stories. Our honeymoon is delayed until Sept 14th, something I'm now grateful for, because it gives me time to get stuff together before that big event!

You are a lovely bunch of ladies, and I think that you all have bright futures with your new hubbies. God bless you all, and I hope all your dreams of family (or not), career and hopes for your future lives come true.

Re: XP: My last post as a single lady (I'm pretty sure, LOL)

• Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh Sue!  I'm so happy it's your turn!  We started posting at about the same time and I'm so excited for you :)

Good luck with all your schedules and I know everything will be perfect on Saturday.  I can't wait to see all your DIY projects in action.  Good luck and congratulations!!
  • Options
    crhein26crhein26 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good luck Sue!  I hope your day is just wonderful and I can't wait to see pictures.  And I must say, of all the "last posts" I've read, yours is the first to give me goosebumps!  I'm so excited for you and Kevin and I hope your son makes it safely to Michigan!  Can't wait to talk to you "on the other side!"
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Brian and Cori 11-19-11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aw - what a lovely sign-off post :) well, except for the earthquake hassles! Congratulations and best wishes for the wonderful life that you and soon-to-be DH have ahead of you :)
  • Options
    sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG Sue you are the sweetest person every you sign off post is just one of the ways that proves this is so. Congrats and your last four days as a single lady. Your son will make it safely and even with all the appointments the schedule will work out. I cant wait to see all the pics and really hear how everything is going to turn out I know it is going to be great I just need to see the pics to add to my already high expectations.

Congrats lady and see you on the other side!
  • Options
    missmelanie81missmelanie81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    These posts always make me cry..lol.. I hope your day turns out to be the very best ever!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    200image 167image 32image 1image RSVP Date: May 1st
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats Sue!! I haven't been around too long, but I know from what I've seen here that you are so sweet and helpful. Best wishes to you and your FH, and enjoy every moment of your wedding and these last few exciting days leading up to it!! :)
    249 Invited image
    200 Are Ready to Party! image
    49 Are Missing Out image
    0 Are Making Me Wait image
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Congrats Date Twin I'll think of u!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Mrs0toBeMrs0toBe member
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!  Hope you have a wonderful day - I always enjoy reading your posts.  Looking forward to pics!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations Sue!  As others have said, that is the most lovely sign off post I have ever seen.  I'm sure you're wedding will be beautiful and we can't wait to hear all about it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thumper1148Thumper1148 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!!  Your wedding is going to be beautiful!!
  • Options
    vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

Congratulations! You will have a magical day! Reading this gave me goose bumps! I hope you stick around for a while (at least til my day haha) because you have great advice.

Again, congratulations!

• Options
    Melgor78Melgor78 member
    edited December 2011

Congrats, I can’t believe it’s finally your time.  I'm so happy for you.   I can’t wait to see pictures and I hope your day goes smoothly. Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats Sue!  I hope your day is perfect and I can't wait to see the pictures and your recap. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sue! You have been wonderfully kind and helpful to everyone- I look forward to your return (as a married woman)!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good luck Sue and congratulations!!! Your venue is right down the road from me so maybe I'll stalk your wedding! Ha, ha just kidding! Have a great time:)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats Sue!!!  It's been so great to talk to you on this board.  Thanks for all of you help!  I hope everything goes really smoothly for you.  DC is fine - I was in National when the earthquake hit and the flights were going out on time despite everything. I'm sorry your son got delayed though.  Have a very great time!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards