Michigan-Detroit
Options

Thoughts on my Table Numbers

I originally wanted to do wooden numbers on a wooden pic frame. But at Crafts 2000 today, I saw the wooden number were on sale, so I picked up two of them. The first was a no go (fuschia sides and back, silver front). This is the second and the one I like. All silver with pink rhinestones.

Give me your thoughts... do they look cheap?

Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Thoughts on my Table Numbers

• Options
    jhawthorne85jhawthorne85 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I think in this light, yes..But I think if you are having an evening reception and the lights will be dimmed, I think they will look great. Perfect amount of shimmer! Not trying to be rude, im just saying in certain lights, things look better.
    Photobucket Married at last! *11-18-11*
  • Options
    missmelanie81missmelanie81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They look nice...but I agree...something is off. I think its the rinestones Im not feeling. What are your colors?
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    200image 167image 32image 1image RSVP Date: May 1st
  • Options
    matuofmmatuofm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I guess it depends on what you're going for.  I think they look cute.  Like cute-sey.  They're adorable.  But if what you're looking for is elegant, then I don't think you're quite there yet.  Hooray for DIY, though!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Mrs0toBeMrs0toBe member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't want to say cheap - they do look sort of cardboardy if that makes sense?  Like the material is too flimsy.

You're close - maybe use smaller rhinestones and a silver paint that is a bit less shiny.

But they're cute!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_thoughts-table-numbers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:150fe846-d335-4258-904f-8e7b9b17728aPost:b4349747-b52c-421a-9fd5-19766dd06652">Re: Thoughts on my Table Numbers</a>:
    [QUOTE]I guess it depends on what you're going for.  I think they look cute.  Like cute-sey.  They're adorable.  But if what you're looking for is elegant, then I don't think you're quite there yet.  Hooray for DIY, though!
    Posted by matuofm[/QUOTE]

This is totally what I was thinkin'.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The colors are shades of pink and silver / gray.

To be honest, I am not going for total elegance. The centerpieces are Cupcake Bouquets and I am going to have tea lights on the table. It will be slightly dimmed...although not during cocktail hour. Of course, I want to avoid any "what was she thinking" comments.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Mrs0toBeMrs0toBe member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

If you are going for a light fun look then those are perfect!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards