Michigan-Detroit
Options

Budget wedding planners?

Hi everyone, I'm an out of state bride looking to get married in my home town, but I think I'm going to need some outside help- i.e. a wedding coordinator.  All of the advice I've heard is to get reveiws from brides using planners, and since all of my married friends did it themselves, I'm asking for names of people that you've used and trust- with the caveat that I'm looking to have a budget wedding. 
Thank you all in advance!

Re: Budget wedding planners?

• Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I guess it all depends on what you define as "budget." My budget wedding could be completely different than yours but the list of all of our vendors is in the top sticky note on the Detroit board.  Look under DOC which stands for "Day of Coordinator."  Most DOCs also do full planning.

Good luck.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Look into Divine Events. They are great with helping out with budgets. If you need their contact info, let me know.
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome OneLove! The Detroit brides are really helpful, so hopefully you can find some info on the vendor tab at the top of the board.

Tell us more about your plans, and maybe we can provide better help. Do you have family based here that are helping with DIY projects, or is everything being done by vendors? What is your budget, how many people, etc.

I peeked at your bio, and you are getting married the Saturday before me, LOL. A long way off. Do you have a venue yet? If so, some offer coordinators onsite. If not, maybe we can help you with locations, etc.

Help us help you, and give us more info.

Welcome, and good luck.
  • Options
    JandBFall2010JandBFall2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wedding planner Laura Davis recently opened a division of her company called Frosted Pink Events. Its really aimed at budget brides because its a la carte.

Basically you choose what services you want and only pay for those, its a great way to save money. And I am soo beyond pleased with Laura's services she is so helpful and nice with the greatest ideas.

Anyway welcome and good luck with all your planning!!!!

www.frostedpinkevents.com
  • Options
    shrades77shrades77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi there - the ones I know of are Simplicity Event Planning, A Beautiful Day Events, Twofoot Creative, Grand Jour Events, and A Moment in Time.  Hope that helps!!
    **Rachel & Andy - 9.6.09**

Vendor Reviews l Pro Pic Preview image

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I can't rec any wedding planners since I didn't use one.  But I just wanted to add that there are a lot of ladies on this board who planned a wedding from out of state without a wedding planner, so it definitely can be done!  I honestly have no idea what wedding planners cost, so it could be that it's not that expensive and it's money well spent.  But since you say you want a budget wedding, I'm guessing you're looking for any way possible for save money, in which case I would consider going without a full wedding planner.  Most of the planning can be done long-distance, no problem.  Just schedule a handful of trips home to look at venues and hotels, and meet some key vendors in person.  Especially with the invaluable recommendations you'll get from this board, I bet you can do it on your own if you want to.   
  • Options
    queenfm85queenfm85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm planning a Detroit wedding from California!! No wedding planner! I just have great bridesmaids that are all onboard to help. All of them (but one) are in the Detroit area so they have no problem running around and taking pictures for me. :)

It is possible, but it might be a little extra stress depending on how you are. I am a bit of a perfectionist so it is kind of getting to me a little but I'm still 5 months away (as of today :) We shall see how it turns out! I'm confident though!
    Danielle & Tyler

10-10-10

"God blessed the broken road that led me straight to you"

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 126 Invited image 41 Getting Crazy image 10 Party Poopin image 75 MIA
    RSVP Date: September 10th
  • Options
    OneLove1727OneLove1727 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all!  I would simply plan it myself, but it's just not possible with all of the other things going in my life.  I'll check these suggestions out, and if anyone has any other recommendations, I would gladly check those out too. THANKS!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards