Michigan-Detroit
Options

Cobblestone Farms....

Hello Everyone! My name is Megan. I'm new to the boards here. I just recently got engaged on Christmas Eve :) I'm from the Downriver area and am looking at a lot of venues Downriver, but I do have some interested in Cobblestone Farms in Ann Arbor. I didn't see many reviews it in the board. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with them. It's very hard to get a hold of someone there. I wanted to make sure before going to visit them that they were in my budget range.  If anyone has any info on them I would be super grateful! Thank you and happy planning!

Re: Cobblestone Farms....

• Options
    Welcome to the board!
    What is your budget range and how many guests are you thinking of having?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Hi!

I'm getting married at Cobblestone this August. It's about $1,000 to rent, and you get the space for 10 hours. If you have your ceremony on site outside and want guests to sit, you do need to rent chairs. Inside the barn, they have tables and chairs that are included in the rental fee, but not much else. Really all you're doing is renting the space. On their website they say that they only do tours on Saturdays, but I've stopped in several times unannounced during normal business hours both during the week and on a weekend, and was able to go in and see the barn, one time even when they were setting up for a wedding, which was really helpful actually.

Let me know if you have any other specific questions! Good luck!
  • Options
    I am also thinking of renting Cobblestone, but on short notice since I just got engaged and hope to get married in the Spring.  Do you know how quickly they book up or how popular they are?  Thanks.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_cobblestone-farms-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:16f9f2c5-c254-4fef-aeee-dc9ade622deaPost:604b73df-d25f-44ef-acae-28e5ebd5ef2f">Re: Cobblestone Farms....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi! I'm getting married at Cobblestone this August. It's about $1,000 to rent, and you get the space for 10 hours. If you have your ceremony on site outside and want guests to sit, you do need to rent chairs. Inside the barn, they have tables and chairs that are included in the rental fee, but not much else. Really all you're doing is renting the space. On their website they say that they only do tours on Saturdays, but I've stopped in several times unannounced during normal business hours both during the week and on a weekend, and was able to go in and see the barn, one time even when they were setting up for a wedding, which was really helpful actually. Let me know if you have any other specific questions! Good luck!
    Posted by mango360[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_cobblestone-farms-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:16f9f2c5-c254-4fef-aeee-dc9ade622deaPost:1d72947a-9182-4814-b68d-7bf8de72c216">Re: Cobblestone Farms....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am also thinking of renting Cobblestone, but on short notice since I just got engaged and hope to get married in the Spring.  Do you know how quickly they book up or how popular they are?  Thanks. In Response to Re: Cobblestone Farms.... :
    Posted by eliannec[/QUOTE]

We went to look at them in August 2012 and basically every Saturday for May-October 2013 was already booked.  If you are will to take a Friday or Sunday they might still have some openings or perhaps they have had a cancellation. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We didn't end up going to look at it. I went to a wedding there and it was small for how many (apprx. 130) guests that they had. We are going with Arnaldos on 3/21/2014 :)
  • Options
    they book up very quickly in the summer!  When I went in March 2012, they did not have any Saturdays left in June-August 2013. You might have a bit more luck for the spring though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards