Michigan-Detroit
Options

Tell Us Tuesday!

Other then your e-ring, what is/was your favorite gift from your FI/DH.

Re: Tell Us Tuesday!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    When we first started seeing eachother....he went and bought a camera. I figured it was just to take pictures, but he was working on a project. That September for my irthday, he gave me my gift, the project he was working on. He had made me a BEAUTIFUL scrapbook, full of places we went, our friends, special days, everything. And he wrote this letter which was the front page. It made me cry! He was so creative and put so much time into it. We ended up working on it together and finished up the year up to new years. Its a nice coffee table sorta keepsake now. Best gift ever!
    Photobucket ~Kat~ wedding websites
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My favorite gift is my initial "K" diamond necklace. He gave it to me the first birthday after we met,  I wear it everyday.
  • Options
    larzhopelarzhope member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Friends is my all time favorite tv show.  I've seen every episode numerous times and own all 10 seasons.  In my last semester of grad school, I had an evil roommate who borrowed a disc from Season 4, got mad at me for something stupid, and claimed she "lost" it. 

One day out of the blue about a year later, FI said "oh hey, I have a surprise for you"  He knew how irked I was that I was going to have to buy all of season 4 for just that one disc, so he went out and got the season for me.  I was totally surprised and really touched.

• Options
    Thumper1148Thumper1148 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok, it's a bit of strange gift, but my all time favorite.  For my birthday, FI built a black box that has a glass window.  The window has black and yellow cautsion stripes on the edges.  On the center of the glass it says "In Case of Zombies Break Glass"  And inside is a shotgun (fake) with two boxes of shotgun shells (fake).

I love zombies and the fact that he made it by hand for me was even more special.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    MY KITTY!!!  It's really our kitty of course, but he did all the paperwork and paid for the adoption process, so I still consider him a gift.  He got him for me for my birthday this year and I just love him.  He's a pretty weird cat - not really lovable at all and hates sitting on your lap or letting you pet him, lol - but I love him anyways.  He likes to play A LOT and recently has been trying to play outside, which we let him do twice in his life.  He's from a shelter and was found in the middle of a football field so I think he grew up for part of his life outside which is why he seems to love it so much.  He's constantly sitting on the window sill staring out at the outside world.

I guess this became more about how much I love my cat, ha.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Gosh, he's a great gift giver so it's hard to choose...Two years ago he gave me a sapphire pendant for my birthday that I love a lot.

Final Count 181! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    crhein26crhein26 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

He gave me a diamond journey necklace for our 2nd Christmas together. I wear it everyday and love love love it!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Brian and Cori 11-19-11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_tell-tuesday-50?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:18cc474b-60ed-4fab-9bf2-b49aefc53391Post:cecffeeb-8841-4475-b745-f37e91f9fced">Re: Tell Us Tuesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok, it's a bit of strange gift, but my all time favorite.  For my birthday, FI built a black box that has a glass window.  The window has black and yellow cautsion stripes on the edges.  On the center of the glass it says "In Case of Zombies Break Glass"  And inside is a shotgun (fake) with two boxes of shotgun shells (fake). I love zombies and the fact that he made it by hand for me was even more special.
    Posted by Thumper1148[/QUOTE]

I seriously love this. There is a guy who stands on a corner by my house every now and then holding a sign that says "Beware of the Zombie Apocolypse." I come home and warn all my facebook friends every time I see him! :)

I have to be honest and say my DH is not the greatest at gift giving. I mentioned wanting a wet/dry vac and ended up getting one for Xmas. He's very practical, and I am more whimsical.

The best gift, however, was my wedding present. We promised not to get each other anything, and he comes out on the morning of the wedding with a little box. I start to cry because I feel bad I didn't get him anything. He says it's nothing big. I open it, and there is a Taco Bell hot sauce packet  he gave me a few months before we actually got engaged that says "Will You Marry Me" and a rock from Lake Superior when we got engaged that we brought back for my grandpa who was in hospice at the time. Papa Lou held on to the rock and wouldn't let anyone take it from him for quite a few days. Unbeknownst to us, DH took the rock back and saved it for me since he knew how sad I was that Papa Lou wouldn't be with us at the wedding. With those little sentimental things on top of a card telling me I am his true love, soulmate & best friend- which I had never heard him say before- I was a mess.

Nothing will ever live up to that, and that's ok. Well, maybe a baby. :)
  • Options
    GwenwhyfareGwenwhyfare member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_tell-tuesday-50?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:18cc474b-60ed-4fab-9bf2-b49aefc53391Post:4b063545-cf75-4f54-9020-feba0bf09332">Re: Tell Us Tuesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tell Us Tuesday! : ....The best gift, however, was my wedding present. We promised not to get each other anything, and he comes out on the morning of the wedding with a little box. I start to cry because I feel bad I didn't get him anything. He says it's nothing big. I open it, and there is a Taco Bell hot sauce packet  he gave me a few months before we actually got engaged that says "Will You Marry Me" and a rock from Lake Superior when we got engaged that we brought back for my grandpa who was in hospice at the time. Papa Lou held on to the rock and wouldn't let anyone take it from him for quite a few days. Unbeknownst to us, DH took the rock back and saved it for me since he knew how sad I was that Papa Lou wouldn't be with us at the wedding. With those little sentimental things on top of a card telling me I am his true love, soulmate & best friend- which I had never heard him say before- I was a mess. Nothing will ever live up to that, and that's ok. Well, maybe a baby. :)
    Posted by culbycheese[/QUOTE]

I seriously teared up at this story, so cute and memorable!

Mine isn't tissue worthy, but FI gave me a beautiful simulated sapphire necklace for our first Christmas together (after being together for 3 months) that I also wear every day. The cute part, is he thought it was my birthstone which gave him the idea to get it for me (mine is actually Opal). It still means a lot, because Sapphires are for September, which is when our first date was and also our wedding.
    There is no death. Only a change of worlds
    life | home
  • Options
    amyn1919amyn1919 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Ok so mine is not an object, but I guess a feeling. When I met my FI I was going through a divorce. I pushed him away and he refused to leave. He got me through the hardest time in my life and through that experience i fell in love with him. He didn't care that my life was chaos, but he knew i was the one he wanted to marry. So 2 years later we got engaged:) His determination is the best gift he could ever give me:) i know cheesy!!!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    klreese0213klreese0213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My Fi surprised me for my birthday/valentines day, contacted a Sphynx cat breeder in Flint, drove all the way there alone pick out my kitty and brought him back home! a few days before his venture to flint, i caught onto his surprise.... he listed the lady "cat lady" in his cell phone and she called one night at dinner (we were at buffalo wild wings) i cried the moment i found out he was gonna get me one! i LOVE cats, and he always swore he'd never get one! So he picked my kitty out himself, and honestly, kitty and i are soul mates lol. he IS BY FAR the best gift i will EVER get.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have to admit, I am ridiculously spoiled, but the best thing he ever got me wasn't actually a gift.  When we started dating, he had a cat, that I adored.  Once I moved it, I grew even more attached to her.  A year later, we had to have her put to sleep.  I was devastated, and said I didn't want another pet, because I didn't want to go through all of that again.  A few months after that he went on his first business trip, and the minute he got home I explained how we needed a kitten, preferable two so they could keep each other company while were at work.  He of course said yes, we went through the process of adopting them, and they are absolutely the best thing he's ever gotten for me (and him too.).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    queenfm85queenfm85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think my promise ring. On our one year anniversary he promised me to love me forever and gave my a long letter with my ring. I still wear it (now on my right hand) and never leave home without it :)
    Danielle & Tyler

10-10-10

"God blessed the broken road that led me straight to you"

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 126 Invited image 41 Getting Crazy image 10 Party Poopin image 75 MIA
    RSVP Date: September 10th
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards