Ohio-Columbus

Babysitter recommendations for wedding day?

Hi all!

One of my best friends & bridesmaids is coming to Columbus for my wedding in a few months...she and her husband and 2-year old son will be traveling here for my wedding in August, and have to bring the kid since they don't have any relatives nearby where they live to leave him with.   They both want to be able to enjoy themselves though, and not spend the entire reception chasing after him (he's at that age!)

We were hoping to find a local babysitter to stay with him at the hotel or something,   Anyone have any suggestions or know anyone?  The wedding and hotels are all right downtown.  Thanks all!

Re: Babysitter recommendations for wedding day?

• edited December 2011
    Do you know any teachers? That may be a great place to start. If you have friends that are teachers that are invited to the wedding, see if they recommend a colleague.

Also, ask your friends and family that are around if there is someone they use.

I'm of no help, as we don't have kids. I've babysat before, and could probably do it if you guys really needed someone. But, there may be other ladies on here with a little more helpful information!
  • rwowsleyrwowsley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a teacher for Columbus City Schools and if your bm is interested, PM me.
  • edited December 2011
    I work for Sitters Unlimited, and it is a great service to hire a babysitter.  All sitters have had a background check and interviewed.  I've done sits at hotels for them before, and all of the other sitters from the company that I have worked with are wonderful! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • cml214cml214 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks for the suggestions ladies!  I do have a local bmaid who is a teacher, so I'm going to see if she knows anyone.  But Allisonud, I'm definitely going to tell her to check out Sitters Unlimited as well!   He's such a cute little guy I know he'll be fine at the wedding, but I think they would also like to relax and have fun without worrying about him!   Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards