Michigan-Detroit
Options

NWR: Doctor Recommendations

Can anyone recommend their GYN?  I am looking for recs in the Novi, Livonia, Farmington Hills area.

Thanks!

Re: NWR: Doctor Recommendations

• Options
    GwenwhyfareGwenwhyfare member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I see Dr. Kelly Burke out of Associates in Obstetrics & Gynecology (part of Providence in the new building in Novi).
    There is no death. Only a change of worlds
    life | home
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I go to Dr. Joshi and she is part of the same practice. I love her!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if Southfield is too far for you from the area mentioned, but I see Dr. Michele Thomas of Harold Hinton & Thomas, and she is a wonderful doctor.  good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dr. Andrea Eisenberg in Farmington Hills on Orchard Lake Road. She is by far the most thorough and comprehensive doctor I've ever had.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I go to Dr. Johnstone in Downtown Northville, off Main Street. I live in South Lyon and make the small commute to see her. She is very laid back and calming.  She is also my family doctor for general illnesses.  My dad *HATES* doctors but he goes to see her too.
    She has very reasonable hours, opening as early as 7 AM on some days and staying open until 7 PM on others.
    Let me know if you would like her phone number and I'd be glad to give it to you. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also see Dr. Johnstone. I love her. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    HiggyFan42HiggyFan42 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_nwr-doctor-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:1ecbc853-426a-4249-a91a-22432324cb3bPost:ddaa1a49-2f16-4a32-b3d4-1efb9a8f2fc0">Re: NWR: Doctor Recommendations</a>:
    [QUOTE]I see Dr. Kelly Burke out of Associates in Obstetrics & Gynecology (part of Providence in the new building in Novi).
    Posted by Gwenwhyfare[/QUOTE]

<div>I go to the same practice.  Unfortunately Dr. Burke is relocating to Tennessee this week.  But, since I am pregnant they have you see all of their doctors in the practice and I have enjoyed each and every one of them.  My primary doctor is Dr. Alan Newman and he's really nice.  My mom goes to Dr. Joshi and really likes her too.  So far I've had no negative experiences at this office and I am there quite frequently these days! </div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    GwenwhyfareGwenwhyfare member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_nwr-doctor-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:1ecbc853-426a-4249-a91a-22432324cb3bPost:ff03dbca-a021-4209-b27a-b4e8df08cc36">Re: NWR: Doctor Recommendations</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: NWR: Doctor Recommendations : I go to the same practice.  Unfortunately Dr. Burke is relocating to Tennessee this week.  But, since I am pregnant they have you see all of their doctors in the practice and I have enjoyed each and every one of them.  My primary doctor is Dr. Alan Newman and he's really nice.  My mom goes to Dr. Joshi and really likes her too.  So far I've had no negative experiences at this office and I am there quite frequently these days! 
    Posted by HiggyFan42[/QUOTE]

You have got to be kidding me :( That really saddens me, because she's helped me so much in the last year with my female issues..Good to know the other doctors are good there, too..
    There is no death. Only a change of worlds
    life | home
  • Options
    HiggyFan42HiggyFan42 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_nwr-doctor-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:1ecbc853-426a-4249-a91a-22432324cb3bPost:2789a5c6-5890-4a9b-b39d-58068ad60d76">Re: NWR: Doctor Recommendations</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: NWR: Doctor Recommendations : You have got to be kidding me :( That really saddens me, because she's helped me so much in the last year with my female issues..Good to know the other doctors are good there, too..
    Posted by Gwenwhyfare[/QUOTE]

<div>I know.  She was actually the last one that I still needed to meet.  But about a month ago they had a sign up saying she was leaving.  I'm not sure why she is leaving though.   But yeah, I think you will enjoy all of the other doctors there. </div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    larzhopelarzhope member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_nwr-doctor-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:1ecbc853-426a-4249-a91a-22432324cb3bPost:ff03dbca-a021-4209-b27a-b4e8df08cc36">Re: NWR: Doctor Recommendations</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: NWR: Doctor Recommendations : I go to the same practice.  Unfortunately Dr. Burke is relocating to Tennessee this week.  But, since I am pregnant they have you see all of their doctors in the practice and I have enjoyed each and every one of them.  My primary doctor is Dr. Alan Newman and he's really nice.  My mom goes to Dr. Joshi and really likes her too.  So far I've had no negative experiences at this office and I am there quite frequently these days! 
    Posted by HiggyFan42[/QUOTE]

I used Dr Alan Newman for 4 years when I lived in Michigan and I was not a fan.  He consistently forgot to call (or his nurse did) with test results and he was terrible at explaining some key information about a procedure (true, I should've asked questions, but I was pretty overwhelmed).  I have never seen anyone else in that office, though I've heard wonderful things about the other doctors
  • Options
    angied33angied33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am a labor and delivery nurse at Providence Park in Novi. Alot of the nurses go to see Dr. Melissa Marback and Dr. Helene Lacoste, also located in the medical office building of the hospital (they have 6 or 7 docs in the office and midwives as well). Both are very experienced, very skilled in the operating room, and I have never seen them flustered, rushed, in a "panic" mode. Very compassionate and understanding of their patients needs. Hope that helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards