Michigan-Detroit

Tell Us Tuesday

What are you looking forward to most about your wedding day?  Married laides:  looking back, what was your favorite moment?

Re: Tell Us Tuesday

• PhoneCardLadyPhoneCardLady member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    Probably getting away from my parents whining and ya-yaing.....
  • edited December 2011
    I am looking forward to seeing FI for the first time as I walk down the aisle.

A second close would be spending the day with all the most important people in my life and celebrating.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I also think the most special moment is seeing FI's face for thefirst time as I walk down the aisle.

Ohhhh actually, the fact that it is the only time in my life all 6 of my siblings will be in the same place at the same time is incredibly special to me.  So being able to get a picture will all of them is going to be amazing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Being able to actually call him my husband.
  • Meegles4Meegles4 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Is it weird that this one was hard for me to answer?! I think I agree with PPs on seeing FI at the end of the aisle. I have a feeling I'm going to be a bit nervous being the center of attention (as much as I do love the role Smile), but I know that seeing him will help calm me down.

Oh, and getting into my dress. I love my dress.
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Beyond the obvious, I'm really looking forward to doing our first look pictures.

• Mrs0toBeMrs0toBe member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    besides seeing FI in his tux (he looks beyond amazing in suits lol) I am most looking forward to watching his parents enjoy the day.   They've been thru a lot of bad stuff in the last 10 years or so (they've lost two children) and my FFIL told me it's been a long time since they had anything to celebrate.  
  • edited December 2011
    we didn't see or talk to each other before the ceremony, first time i saw him was coming down the aisle.  well that was a good moment, my favorite was walking back down the aisle together and getting just a second to hug him and kiss him just the two of us.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic 195image 155image 40image
  • vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_tell-tuesday-110?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:2075fd4b-5a23-407f-aec8-7d7f1f625be7Post:ba423976-2951-436e-915f-7c0a1ff26f46">Re: Tell Us Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am looking forward to seeing FI for the first time as I walk down the aisle. A second close would be spending the day with all the most important people in my life and celebrating.
    Posted by LOTON01[/QUOTE]

Ditto all of this!
  • Thumper1148Thumper1148 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am looking forward to the first kiss after being pronounced husband and wife.  It will be our first married kiss.  :)
  • acaponi87acaponi87 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Looking forward to the ceremony & celebrating with FI afterward. I'm going to kiss him so much and no one can even yell at me because it's my wedding so THERE haha
    June 16, 2012
  • drewmwdrewmw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm really looking forward to seeing the look on his face when he first sees me on our wedding day :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Created by Wedding Favors

Wedding Planning and DIY bio Updated 05/15/12
    image 167 Made the list
    image 115 Accept
    image 46 Decline
    image 6 Not ready to decide
    RSVP deadline: June 8
  • edited December 2011
    There are so many things I love. My favorite part of the day was the ceremony. I got so excited I wanted to run up to the altar! Although we had quite a few guests in attendance, the ceremony felt very intimate and personal. My favorite part about the whole process, though, is calling him my husband :) I still beam when I get to say "my husband" and he is the same about saying "my wife" :)
  • edited December 2011
    Well, I hate to bum you ladies out, but I completely forgot to look at FI coming down the aisle.  There were so many other people to look at.  And we'd seen each other prior to the ceremony, so you know, I knew he was up there. 

My favorite memory of the day was at the end of everything, sitting on the bed with FI picking what seemed like 100 bobby pins out of my hair.  We were just talking and relaxed and I finally felt married.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • larzhopelarzhope member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

DH and I went to take pics off on our own after the ceremony and bridal party/family shots.  We drove in DH's rental just the two of us and it was awesome to get a half hour or so of driving around to chat about the ceremony, fill each other in with what we'd been up to that morning.

Though I will say, it was hard to pick just one moment... the whole day was pretty frickin fantastic.

• matuofmmatuofm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We wrote each other's vows and didn't get to see what we'd each be promising until we stood up there at the ceremony.  So my favorite part was probably hearing our families laughing (and us, and the officiant...) as we read those vows (just as a taste: He promised to always clean the hair out of the drain, even though it's pretty clear whose hair it is, since it makes me gag; I promised to work much harder on developing a greater appreciation for Metallica and Leonard Skynyrd, as they so rightfully deserve.). 

There was also a really great period at the end of the day when the tent company was late in showing up to collect and we had to stay and wait for them.  My brother, his boyfriend, and my sister all stayed with us, and we just sat around a picnic table talking while the woods got darker and darker around us.  It was a really great, chill end to a good day.

Although the screaming cranes were pretty awesome, too.  ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My favorite part of the day was, of course, seeing DH as I was walking down the aisle.  But I also enjoyed saying my vows to DH as it was the only moment I actually choked up.

Then the huge party at the reception was pretty awesome too :)
  • edited December 2011
    Finally walking down my frickin aisle!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards