Michigan-Detroit
Options

Why am I so nervous

I'm going to order my dress today but I'm feeling really nervous and I don't know why.  Did anyone else feel this way before ordering their's?  I'm excited and it's not that I think there something else out there.  Maybe it's the money or the idea of buying the dress, I don't know.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Why am I so nervous

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes - I was very nervous. Even if its not a lot of money its non-refundable - scary stuff! Seriously. Something about buying the dress was one of the 'this is really happening' moments.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I couldn't sleep the night before I ordered mine and I felt like I was going to throw up when I walked into the store.  I think it's just because it is such a big decision and a lot of money.  Then I was totally obnoxious and wore the dress around the store for about a half hour to make sure it was comfortable and I liked the way it looked in every possible pose and then I ordered it and felt a big sense of relief :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I felt a little bit nervous, even though I was so excited and knew that it was the right dress. It's a really big decision and you can't change your mind once it's done. I think that's why I was nervous, because I tend to change my mind a lot. But it's been 7 months since I ordered mine and I still love my dress!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was a little bit nervous, but I think mine was just the whole, this is it. I'm really going to commit to a wedding dress and this wedding. It's all happening! type of thing. I bought the last dress I tried on partially because I was tried of dress shopping so I was a little nervous that I made the wrong choice, but I still love it and am sure that once it's altered I'm going to love it even more.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Um, I had a full out panic attack when I was buying my dress - I bought it off the rack and it was the biggest purchase I had ever made. I just knew it was the dress when I didn't want to take it off... that was very reassuring.
  • Options
    jodyk23jodyk23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was nervous too! it is alot of money and definately not returnable! I am the type of shopper that buys things that I like because I know that I can return it. If I can't return it, then I really hesitate  It took me about a week to order the dress after I knew it was the one!
  • Options
    Melgor78Melgor78 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, glad to know it's just not me. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it's normal to be nervous. If you're sure you like it then just order and then don't look at any other dresses!! hehe.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    97 my bffsimage 30 dead to meimage 1 in limboimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, I hate to be the "outcast" but I wasn't nervous at all...maybe because it was the third and final dress that I bought....seriously...LMAO!!!!
    cjae2 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, totally not nervous.  It went something like this:

Me (w/ pink eye) trying on dresses.  Salesgirl was in the room with me which majorly pissed me off. 

Me (walking out in a dress) - "Yeah, this one is fine."
    Mom - "Are you sure?"
    Me - "Yup, it's fine.  I want to go home now."

And that was how it went down.  LOL!  Luckily, I still liked it after I was done being a Royal Beotch.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards