Michigan-Detroit
Options

Ideas for Small Wedding Venues

Hello all...

I'm having the hardest time finding a venue for our wedding.  It will be on the small size 30-50 people. 

Does anyone have any suggestions for Metro Detroit and surrounding areas?

Thanks!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ideas for Small Wedding Venues

• Options
    Coach Insignia. I had my rehearsal dinner there for 30 people, but the space I had could easily do 30-50 with a dancefloor. It was phenomenal! Everyone raved about the food and having the 360 views of the city at night. It's a real experience for the guest. Also, the Detroit Marriott at the Ren Cen was great to work with. All of my guests stayed there. Overall, the prices were very reasonable in terms of wedding costs. I can't say enough about this place.
  • Options
    You might want to check out Crystal Gardens or Arnoldo's if your looking downriver. Arnoldo's has a small room and Crystal gardens has a couple locations that are small.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    200image 167image 32image 1image RSVP Date: May 1st
  • Options
    I guess it depends on what you want. We had our wedding at Greenmead Village in Livonia, there is an old house that is converted into a reception venue, and they have an old (mid 1800's) chapel that is non-denominational and lovely. Rental for both if a non-resident of Livonia I think is about $1500, then you have to bring in your own caterer, linens, etc. It does get pricey. Your guest count would fit perfectly into the banquet area with a bit of extra room, but not a lot.

Also look into the Whitney on Woodward ave near Wayne STate, that is great. Your wedding could probably fit into one of their rooms. I think Andiamo's will do a smaller wedding. On the east side there is Royalty House on 13 Mile/Chicago Rd in Warren, the Gazebo. I'm not sure if they both have different sized rooms

Also, look into hotels. Many have humungous banquet halls that have sliding walls between them to separate them into smaller rooms. You might not be the only wedding there, but they can supply everything you need.
  • Options
    The Whitney would be a perfect location for your small wedding!  We had our wedding there, and although we had 120 guests, it would be just as (if not more) beautiful and intimate for your 30-50 guests.  Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We had our ceremony and reception at Shepherds Hollow Golf Club in Clarkston, MI.  They have a limit of 120, but really 100 was a tight fit.  It is such a beautiful venue, the food was great and the people there are great to work with.  The club house is surrounded by huge birch and pine trees and there is a full wrap-around porch with rocking chairs outside.

I also looked at River Birch Lodge, but (at the time) it seemed to be out of my price range. 

And I was also interested in Cafe' Cortina in Farmington.  It's a nice Italian restaurant with a beautiful patio.  We never made it to actually see the place, but I was impressed with their quick responses to my questions and I really thought it looked like a neat place for a wedding reception.

Again...not sure on your price range, but the Royal Park Hotel in Rochester is georgous.  They have a beautiful all-glass conservatory.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Cafe Cortina in Farmington Hills. It's a little pricey but so beautiful and great for smaller intimate weddings.  If my wedding was smaller, I definitely would have had mine there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards