Ohio-Columbus

ATTENTION VENDORS

Go Away.

You are not welcome to solicit on here and I (or others) will report your advertising arse to theknot.com. I have already done this to a few of your fellow vendors soliciting themselves on here.

The only "advertising" that is appreciated is actual knottie experiences, references, and referrals in order to help out other fellow knotties.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please take it up with the terms and conditions of this website.

Thank you!
-An avid C-Bus Knottie
I iz not Bridezilla.imageI iz Veloceraptor!

FOR SALE!!.

Re: ATTENTION VENDORS

• Stackeye210Stackeye210 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Clicking the "LIKE" button.
  • edited December 2011
    Have there really been that many vendors on this board recently? I sure have noticed it on some of the other boards.
  • edited December 2011
    I second the "Like" button comment LOL.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • osumegsosumegs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha. Out of habit I wanted to "Like" this as well. 
  • sep72fendrsep72fendr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They have been more sneaky about it. I reported Tuxedo101 last night. I have reported atleast 2 the past week. Meh. I just get irritated with sneakycreeper vendors. Having to review their profile when I think they might be a vendor.

I just wanted to send out a tiny message to anyone who might think about vendoring.

FOR SALE!!.

• edited December 2011
    we totally DO need a like button!! they get a little irritating =P
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    You go girl...and thank you!
  • edited December 2011
    Agreed! I can't believe many of them think they can fool us here by posing as a "helpful bride"- until you look at their profile and realize they just joined or joined 5 years ago and everything they've responded to is about the same topic. Pathetic! How about instead of trying to be sneaky and promote your own business work on making your service to brides so amazing that real brides want to rave on here about how amazing you are. The best way to grow your business is word of mouth. 

Did that sound a little harsh?
  • edited December 2011
    I thought the purpose of these boards was to get ideas from other brides.  I'm new here, but really enjoyed other brides comments and suggestions good or bad.  Especially the bad, don't want to use someone who had a bad experience.  Last year was the year of the bridesmaid for me, and really saw some good things and bad. Would hate for some of you to experience the bad that I saw.  On that note good luck.  
    Holly Loves AVON
  • edited December 2011

I'm a vendor and I have no need to be "sneaky". If I were a pretend bride to be, would I have a user name like "Tuxedo101"? I joined the Knot as a vendor so you're not reporting anything they don't already know. The Knot exsists because of vendors, like myself, that pay to advertise which affords all brides the free tools and information they seek by using this website.

I simply supply infomation or answers to questions to the brides seeking it. It's their choice to use the information. I'm an expert in my field and appreciate advice from experts that are in other fields that I am unfamiliar with. For most brides this is their first experience with men's formalwear.

So if you have any questions feel free to ask.
    Happy Planning!

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tux- We know that you are a vendor. Vendors are allowed to be on herebut they aren't supposed to suggestively sell their items or services.

Example: Like when you commented on someone's post about tuxedo's then casually mentioned that they have them at President Tuxedo. You did that in a few posts. That's pretty much a subliminal message to the brides on here and I am definitely one bride who doesn't appreciate it.

Then you had the chutzpah to post on this thread, commenting about vendors and advertisement.

You mention paying to advertise. Those advertisements would be apparent elsewhere, other than on the boards. If you want to help women out with menswear, talk to the main people at the knot and see if you can do a sponsored board (like Pantene did for a short while for hair). That is the only legit way to go about helping people (if you indeed are helping people out of the goodness of your heart and not to better business) who may be confused and not as knowledgeable about menswear and men's formal wear as the experts. If you really are wanting to help, don't include the tagline about your store selling/offering things. And if you do include the tag line, you better have other options on there as well.

I wish your business best of luck for it is the busy season, but leave the subtle advertisement elsewhere.

EDIT: Here is a link for if you want to advertise your business in the correct and proper way.
    http://www.theknotinc.com/the-knot-advertising.aspx

FOR SALE!!.

• edited December 2011
    With all the talk about vendors, I just want to make sure nobody has a problem with me posting. Honestly, I wish I could everytime I see a post about photography and video, but I don't talk about my business on the boards because now I know that it isn't allowed. I just want to make sure nobody thinks I'm trying to be sneaky or anything. I'm just another bride when I'm on here.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sbz, you are fine because you don't talk about your business. :-) I actually love your postings.

FOR SALE!!.

• JMS842JMS842 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Justify all you want by saying it's not "sneaky". The point it, it's not the right thing to do and sure as heck won't shed any positive light on the vendor no matter how it's rationalized. It's just not good business and definitely not an honest thing to do in my opinion if you're talking about obtaining and keeping clients. Word of mouth on the community boards is such great exposure for vendors from all of the brides and past brides on here. I trust what a lot of the brides have to say on the board(s) and I definitely do not want that compromised by vendors "suggesting" their services. :)
  • jenhen13jenhen13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sep72fendr I agree with you 100%!!

Also you have way to much free time on your hands, sorry. Good luck and enjoy filling in your day with things to do.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards