Michigan-Detroit
Options

Newbie!

Hi all!

New to the board...my fiance and myself got engaged Christmas Eve...looking at either an April 2013 or October 2013..Partial to October, but like the idea of saving money by having it in April...

My issue is wanting to have a black and burgundy color scheme..I've dreamed about these colors together for years now..lol...I thought they would go great with a fall wedding, but what do I do with them for an April wedding??Undecided

I am trying to find a venue that hosts a wedding and also the reception...we are working with a budget of no more than $15,000..open to the Ann Arbor and Metro Detroit area....

Any help is appreciated!!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Newbie!

• Options

Congrats and welcome!

You should read the vendor review stickie, it is VERY helpful!!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_newbie-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:2e045d75-ca8c-4b32-a67b-7ef7af0dae50Post:1d9afd34-4899-4c33-976d-80c255a0eed8">Re: Newbie!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats and welcome!<strong> You should read the vendor review stickie, it is VERY helpful!!</strong>
    Posted by vk2204[/QUOTE]
    Ditto!!!! Helped me a ton!!!<div>
    </div><div>and welcome! congrats!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome! :) And definitely read the vendor sticky, it's SO helpful. Also, don't stress about colors until you have the venue, the venue will change everything.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you! I have went through it a few times, and have found it EXTREMELY helpful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Do whatever colors you want! I'm getting married this April and really wanted to do black and red. I decided against it not because of time of year, but because of FI's preference.

Welcome to the board and good luck planning!

Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Welcome! And congrats. It's true that your colors might change.... If they don't. I would stress. How about you do black and white with a little burgundy? The white will lighten up the color scheme.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I was thinking Black and White with a hint of burgundy may work....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Congratulations and welcome to the board :)

• Options
    Congrats and welcome to the board.

As others have said, please look at the sticky at the top for venue ideas.  There are PLENTY there to choose from.  As for colors, you can go with whatever colors you and your FI want.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Congratulations on your engagement! Happy planning! This board is full of wonderfully fun ladies [:
  • Options
    Congrats on your engagement!

Whatever colors you want will be fine. I had black, white & silver in August........ they are classic colors and it won't matter what season it is.

Looking forward to hearing all your plans............many of us are old married ladies now and like the "new blood" LOL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards