Michigan-Detroit

The Bachelor Commentary - Possible Spoilers!

Come join me in my running commentary of tonight's episode.  I know I'm not the only one watching tonight :)

Re: The Bachelor Commentary - Possible Spoilers!

• First of all, Ben has the cutest dog ever!! 

DH is just a debbie downer, his first comment was "I bet that's not even his dog.  If he keeps this up, I may kick him out of the living room. Tongue Out
  • Aww Kacie is cute and she seems very geniune.

It cracks me up that everyone is like "are you nervous not to come back?!"  Very rarely does the bachelor/ette send someone home from a 1 on 1 date this early in the game.  If they got a 1 on 1 that means Ben is probably interested.  Not a lot of risk this early in the game....err journey.

Anyone else?  Anyone?  Bueller?
  • loved when that one girl in the striped romper was jumping around acting like a fool and the kids were like "i was not a fan of hers at all"

Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Forgot it was on!!! ***runs to TV**
  • emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Yay someone to play with me :)

Yeah, it was super awkward.  Especially the kid was like "can you run in slow motion?" Then at the end where the little boy was like "I think she did a good job."

Although I didn't think the other girls were being fair when they said "I can't believe she would wear that in front of children."  Well I mean she didn't know she'd be in front of kids all day... I would hope she would show a little better judgement if she knew.

And oh my god some of those costumes are just redic.  Super embarassing.
  • kacie is really cute. loved the home movies and thought it was cute they both cried. However, it has to be awkward showing up for a date in a tshirt and shorts and he was in nice jeans, a button down, and a sportscoat.
  • Ok this is just weird.  I feel like the bachelor had their budget cut for this season and this is the best they can do.  This is just super awkward to watch.

The movie thing between Kacie and Ben was a little contrived for me.  Like the bachelor was just creating this super intimate moment rather than letting them create it for themselves.  It was cute but seemed super staged.
  • Yes - super awkward. But I am hoping for some drama once they all start drinking. I don't care for Ben. Not that I dislike, I'm just meh. Really, I just watch for the craziness.
  • it really is super awkward to watch. i would be pretty disappointed if i got put in that awkward situation instead of like, an overnight trip to vegas. I really dont understand how it is helping Ben to get to know the girls and vice versa.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_bachelor-commentary-possible-spoilers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:2e21cfa8-194e-41e1-b21d-3161a2f9706cPost:7acb8e2e-77a2-4caa-ae2a-742cbcd678bb">Re: The Bachelor Commentary - Possible Spoilers!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes - super awkward. But I am hoping for some drama once they all start drinking. I don't care for Ben. <strong>Not that I dislike, I'm just meh. Really, I just watch for the craziness.</strong>
    Posted by rcj2rcd[/QUOTE]
    This.  I think he seems like a really great guy and would make a great husband.  But I think he's too normal and average to be the bachelor.

This will get interesting with Courtney tonight.  She seems like a pot stirrer and I like it!
  • Yes - definitely a pot stirrer. But I'm not sure if she 100% means to or sometimes is just trying to be funny and it comes out wrong. Either way, it'll be interesting to see her away from the girls. Blakey is making me want to barf. Ugh.
  • i really dont love Ben either. hes ok. i watch for the craziness as well and the hot messes.
  • Ugh!!! Producer-influenced! "he chose me!" = "my precious" creepy!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_bachelor-commentary-possible-spoilers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:2e21cfa8-194e-41e1-b21d-3161a2f9706cPost:ab48fe3a-eaa5-4d59-9165-f1a877a2e5f8">Re: The Bachelor Commentary - Possible Spoilers!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes - definitely a pot stirrer. But I'm not sure if she 100% means to or sometimes is just trying to be funny and it comes out wrong. Either way, it'll be interesting to see her away from the girls. <strong>Blakey is making me want to barf</strong>. Ugh.
    Agreed.  DH pointed out that Ben mentioned their conversations but they didn't speak.  I reminded him that they were using their mouths.

Also, Blakely isn't all that attractive to me.  And I hate hate hate when mean girls are like "they are just jealous of me" Um no.  You're a biitch and that's why they don't like you.  Ugh /rant
  • Aw - my dog used to do that. He sounded like a cow mooing. Aw!!
  • That dog has been the best part of the episode so far.  Although Ben's car is a close second, that is a really cool car!

Let's get to the cocktail party and let the girls get drunk and start saying what they really feel :)
  • edited January 2012
    Liz - your opinion on Courtney change? Mine did a little but I'm curious to see what she's like back at the house. I don't think she's right for him, though. ETA: I wrote that before her interview right before the commercial. She's crazy.
  • I'm not sure if my opinion's changed.  I think she has some very odd mannuerisms so I don't know how to read her.  In the house her speech patterns seem a little different than they did on the date.  But I don't think it's alcohol induced.

I don't think she's right for him either.  I don't see her being ok just living on the winery just living a low key life.  He needs just a girl next door, small town girl and that's not her.
  • Woah, it's past 2 am during all the drama stuff.  I would never be able to be on the bachelor, there is no way I could stay up that late and still be all bubbly and flirty.
  • that is crazy that they tape so late. i would be passed out in the luggage room.
  • edited January 2012
    Agreed. No way I could do that. Plus the drama, cliques, too much! I'm still amazed that these girls can accept that the guy they like is actively creating a relationship/making out/etc with other girls. I know it's the premise of the show, but no way could I get over that. ETA: at 2am and after a few drinks, I'd be crying in the luggage room too.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_bachelor-commentary-possible-spoilers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:2e21cfa8-194e-41e1-b21d-3161a2f9706cPost:c4a06fac-d695-45b1-aa5c-40dadbae3455">Re: The Bachelor Commentary - Possible Spoilers!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Agreed. No way I could do that. Plus the drama, cliques, too much! <strong> I'm still amazed that these girls can accept that they guy they like is actively creating a relationship/making out/etc with other girls</strong>. I know it's the premise of the show, but no way could I get over that.
    Yeah I know myself well enough that I wouldn't be able to handle this.  I'm usually a pretty confident person, don't get jealous all that easily but this would not be good.

I would have major trust issues and wouldn't be able to believe that what we have is real or more intimate than his other relationships.
  • Oooh good the blogger is going home most likely to analyze everything that happened on the show to no end.  "These girls distracted him."  What does that even mean?  Do you not understand the show?

Also, I wonder if it really is an exgirlfriend of if it's like his sister and they assume the worst.
  • edited January 2012
    Ok - off to bed. I'm old. Thanks for chatting. Way more interesting than the football game :)
  • Ooooh! Next week, I'm joining this conversation! I kicked FI out of the room because he kept making comments "She looks like a horse" "Who's the chick with the boobs?" "Oh, he's just going to have sex with everyone and then kick them off the show." 
    Ugh. Go.Away.

Jenna (the blogger) annoyed the crap out of me from day one. Brush your hair! 

Anna from Detroit-who was sent home the first night- made me mad. It's the first impression he gets of you. Say SOMETHING. Don't just walk past him like you are better than him. /stupid.

Blakely is just an awful person. I wonder though how much is producer-influenced.
    And I heard that all the rose ceremonies go on at 2-4am. I could never do it. By 10pm I'm sleepy! By 2am I'm not the happiest person in the world, I'd be the cranky one in the corner telling him to hurry up so we can sleep. I wouldn't last a day. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards