Michigan-Detroit

Help? Anyone doing or has done postcard RSVP's

Hi Ladies! I have been very busy! 5 months and 3 weeks to go!

Anyway, I am working on the design of my wedding invites. I want to do a postcard rsvp. This is a bit complicated for me because not all of the rsvp's will be the same! I plan to personalize them so that each RSVP card has the person (s) invited names on there. Some of the households have multiple guests and since I am doing a seating chart, I need names!(Confusing?)
Also, my date is 5/29/2010. Should I have them RSVP two or three weeks before the wedding? I'm thinking three weeks since my final counts have to be in to all vendors three weeks before the wedding??

Example 1. (For a couple)

The favor of your reply is requested by May 9, 2010

Mr Hubert Williams _____ Accepts _____ Regretfully Declines
Mrs. Linda Williams ______ Accepts ____ Regretfully Declines

Example 2. (RSVP for a family)

The favor of your reply is requested by May 9, 2010

Wanda Mayes _______Accepts ________Regretfully Declines
Rhonda Mayes _______ Accepts ______ Regretfully Declines
Janelle Mayes _______ Accepts ______ Regretfully Declines

Example 3. (RSVP for a guest and a plus 1)
I really need help with this one..the plus one rsvp's..

Corey Roberts _____ Accepts _______ Regretfully Declines

(Please write in the name of your guest below)

Also did anyone use vistaprint for the rsvp postcard card?

Re: Help? Anyone doing or has done postcard RSVP's

• edited December 2011
    For the RSVP date - I'd make it a month before. If you need the counts to vendors by 3 weeks you'll want to give yourself at least a week to track down the people who didn't reply in time and the ones who sent it on the due date.

I did something similar for the wording and for the and-guests i just did a line with the M (for Mr/Mrs/Ms)

Mr. John Smith              -----accepts _____declines
    M____________          ____ accepts _____ declines

HTH!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • mink492mink492 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did postcards. You're ambitious! I had a hard enough time putting the number of guests invited on each card - I put X seats have been reserved in your honor on each card.

Basically, people suck. We had one aunt put 10 on hers when we allowed her 2. No joke. I just hope people follow pay attention since you're putting so much effort into it. I like your +1 wording. I ended up putting "& guest" on the seating chart b/c we had quite a few people bring randoms & they didn't know who they were bringing until a few days before. (I printed the seating chart the day before b/c it was constantly changing....grrrrrr)

I did my due back date Aug. 10th for our Sept. 13th wedding. We had to track down a lot, that gave us time.

I didn't use Vistaprint, I printed them myself.
  • edited December 2011
    Wow mink- that is one bold aunt you have! What was your response to her response card? lol
  • edited December 2011
    Brandi, do you remember what my cards look like?  If not, I'm sure I can find a picture somewhere. :)

For Guests, I put an asterik next to Guest and at the bottom wrote, "The Bride & Groom respectfully request the name of the Guest for seating cards".  We didn't any problems at all with our RSVPs.

I made the RSVP date 3 weeks before the wedding because our count wasn't due until 5 days before the wedding.  I know a lot of places are different though and request the count earlier than that.  I'd give yourself at least a week before your count is due to track down non-responders.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • mink492mink492 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_anyone-doing-done-postcard-rsvps?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:325e10f9-9f1e-4802-9f7b-4a05f7303891Post:6155ff4d-4292-4691-9433-880e72fd9b35">Re: Help? Anyone doing or has done postcard RSVP's</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow mink- that is one bold aunt you have! What was your response to her response card? lol
    Posted by culbycheese[/QUOTE]

It wasn't my aunt, it was DH's. We thought she took it ok since said she wouldn't come if she couldn't bring the 8 kids she wanted to. So we had no seat for her but she did show up, drunk as a skunk, made innappropriate comments all night & then caused a big scene at the end. Had to have a lil drama, right?! ha
  • becandjim10becandjim10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_anyone-doing-done-postcard-rsvps?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:325e10f9-9f1e-4802-9f7b-4a05f7303891Post:56424e15-a544-4bc8-b0ca-f2da31c2938c">Re: Help? Anyone doing or has done postcard RSVP's</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Help? Anyone doing or has done postcard RSVP's : It wasn't my aunt, it was DH's. We thought she took it ok since said she wouldn't come if she couldn't bring the 8 kids she wanted to. So we had no seat for her but she did show up, drunk as a skunk, made innappropriate comments all night & then caused a big scene at the end. Had to have a lil drama, right?! ha
    Posted by mink492[/QUOTE]

maybe we share an aunt lol
  • edited December 2011
    Wow Mink!! Seriously, I think I may have that same issue which is why my invites are so complicated!
    ...did u use a template or did you design them yourself?

Okay, I am going to give my self 3 weeks before the due date.

Taryn! Hey boo! (LOL) I sure do remember your invite..it's right here at my desk at home! I will never throw it away! I'm going to use your wording

Booger! Funny story about that "M" on a RSVP card. I have been to many weddings, but most were ghetto so I really never received a rsvp that had the "M" on it so I just guessed and wrote in Ms. one time because I just wasnt sure..I know, I know...hanging my head in shame..but now I know! LOL
  • edited December 2011
    LOL...that was on my RSVP, Brandi.  It's especially hilarious because you were the only one who filled it out!!
  • edited December 2011
    P.S.  I will send you the template we used for our RSVPs.  Do you know what size your RSVP cards are?  I will adjust the margins so they are the size of your cards rather than mine.
  • edited December 2011
    LOL!!! OMG Taryn! It sure was yours. Didn't I ask you about it? I think I did.. hahaha!!!

Umm..I don't know the size yet. I am ordering all my stuff from papers and more today.
  • edited December 2011
    Brandi - LOL about the M. I would have never known but I asked my Mom years ago when I got invited to a cousin's wedding.

FWIW i did personalized ones too and it seemed like a huge pain but once i got going it went pretty quick. I had all the names in  text boxes so it didn't screw up the spacing when they changed. BTW - I printed at home.

Good luck!
  • leeshab1982leeshab1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Taryn, would you mind sending me the template too?  amblatch at gmail.com

I would love to see it!  Thank you.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Booger..wow, you did yours alredy! I feel so behind!

So wait...what program or template did you use? Were there like 4 to a page or something?

I am sorta lost on this?

• edited December 2011
    I did mine super early because I'm in school so I got them done to reduce stress so don't feel behind.

Mine aren't postcard size, but depending on your size you can do a few to a page and cut or cut and change the page layour/ printer settings. I did the latter because I had more issues getting them to layout correctly with the margins having more than one on a page.
  • terbear_86terbear_86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is all scaring me lol. Can't wait to do it myself. *insert sarcastic eye roll here* I love DIY, but I hate paper. No correction. I hate technology. Like printers and stuffs.
  • edited December 2011
    Alicia, I will send the template tonight.  I just realized it's on my Dell at home vs. my "work" laptop.

Brandi, the RSVP cards came with my invitation kit and they were perforated around the edges...I was able to print 2 per page.
  • edited December 2011
    Alicia and Brandi - Sent! 

Bran, I sent it to your work email...did you want me to send it to your Yahoo?
  • cindaycinday member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That looks good to me. I hope it doesn't get to stressful for you to personalize them all. :)

I requested that my RSVPs be returned one month before the wedding and that worked out well. We STILL didn't have all of them back by then if you can believe it!

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards