Michigan-Detroit
Options

PSA and Question - Custom Postage

Hey, ladies - Zazzle.com is having a one-day sale in which their custom postage is $6 off per sheet.  Yay!

My question: how much did your invitations weigh?  I don't know whether a 64-cent stamp is typically safe, or whether I should maybe spring for the 84-centers or even more.  Thoughts?  Thanks!

Ooh - it would also be helpful if you'd include a description of the items in your invitation.  :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: PSA and Question - Custom Postage

• Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Do you have a sample done up so you can run to the post office today to get it weighed?

I had a pocketfold with 4 inserts, RSVP envelope, and belly band and we used the 61 cent (now 64 cent) stamps.  It was a standard rectangle and didn't have any ribbons or anything that would make it odd shaped.

• Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FWIW, I just ordered my postage online from the post office, their 64 centers have a white wedding cake, their forever stamps are white roses. Only charged $1 over face value for mailing cost.

I had a flat invitation with a ribbon and sticky rhinestone, RSVP card & envelope, a postcard sized heavy paper map, an accomodation card and inside envelope. This was 64 cents. When I took them to the post office to be weighed, I took all the stamps with me (ordered enough extra forever stamps in case I had to add them to the 64 centers, but didn't have to). I then put the stamps on them and requested hand stamping, and they put them in a separate postal basket to hand stamp them. I know they all reached their destinations because it's been 2 weeks and none have been returned.

Also, FWIW, I ran everything through my printer using the Chopin Script (pretty fancy calligraphy style), and they must have been appropriately sorted for delivery. I know this is frowned upon by some in the etiquette community, but I checked Martha Stewart's Wedding website and she says it's ok (she also says they should be handwritten, but that this is ok) .........everything I sent had matching script/font.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had had a rectangular invitation, with a reception card insert, RSVP/reply envelope, and an accommodations insert.  Everything was flat, so the envelope was still pretty thin.  It cost 64 cents to mail.  Like Sue, I used the wedding cake 64 cents stamps, and the rose forever stamps for the reply card.
  • Options
    baileyleevbaileyleev member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok ladies, I'm confused. the forever stams on the usps website are $.44 ea, but you guys are all talking about $.64 stamps....am I missing something?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    sheshedukeshesheduke member
    edited December 2011
    Mine were .88 cents so I had to put the .64 cents stamp and a .44 cents stamp on it (since I didn't order custom postage) I had a pocket fold with 3 inserts but my belly ban monogram was a bit raised so that made the envelope not totally flat. I say if you have a sample run it over to the post office like Liz suggested. cause it would suck to get all the invites returned to you for lack of postage. HTH
  • Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_psa-question-custom-postage?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:32bfcfc0-11e0-43fc-bdb3-01d7be2470c4Post:f8198070-8217-4af6-b435-12fddb8af2be">Re: PSA and Question - Custom Postage</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok ladies, I'm confused. the forever stams on the usps website are $.44 ea, but you guys are all talking about $.64 stamps....am I missing something?
    Posted by baileyleev[/QUOTE]

44 cent stamps are for anything less than one ounce.  If it's over an ounce to mail, prices go up and the next level up is 64 cents.
  • Options
    baileyleevbaileyleev member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_psa-question-custom-postage?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:32bfcfc0-11e0-43fc-bdb3-01d7be2470c4Post:64360c05-491e-4ab4-a6d4-54bd3f259944">Re: PSA and Question - Custom Postage</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: PSA and Question - Custom Postage : 44 cent stamps are for anything less than one ounce.  If it's over an ounce to mail, prices go up and the next level up is 64 cents.
    Posted by emarston1[/QUOTE]
    Got it! Thank you!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    matuofmmatuofm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, unfortunately I don't have a sample ready.  I just got a bee in my bonnet to do pocketfolds last night (ugh, I need to rein myself in), so I haven't had a chance to do a mock-up yet.

Thanks though, ladies - this has been really helpful.  I think I know what I need now.  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards