Michigan-Detroit
Options

NEED HELP

Llooking for a reception site for my sister in'laws wedding in the Southgate area. Wedding is in 2013 but I need to find a place so I can start plannig everything els. THANKS

Re: NEED HELP

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board!  At the top of the board are some threads with what looks like push-pins in them.  Those are stickies - they are "stuck" to the top of the board so that you can find them and go through them.  One of them is vendor reviews and costs from Knotties, and there are links in there to older vendor reviews.  I recommend going through those as a first step.

I'm not familiar with Southgate, but even the ladies who are will need more information to help you.  How large is the wedding?  What is the budget?  It would even help a bit to understand why you are planning your SIL's wedding, and what she hopes it will look like.

Also, with 2013 being 2 years away, there is plenty of time, so don't worry!
  • Options
    TKennedy888TKennedy888 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

thanks :) im not worried at all I planned my own wedding and loved every sec. of it. I love planning events and I want to get this ball rollin :) I am planning her wedding b/c she trust me and I want to end up doing this for a living (one day) lol. Im not familiar with the area and she want to keep it close for most of her family and his family. All she has told me she like so far is "tiffany" blue and light purple. I know her so I know she will want a more "traditional" style wedding. there will be 150-200 guest and her budget is to be determined but I know it wont be much so I need to find a place that will give her the most for her money but I want it to be beautiful just the same.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: NEED HELP:

Great, a traditional sized 150-200 person wedding.  That's a good first step.  As I said, definitely take a look at the stickies.  As I said before, I'm not familiar with the area, but I would expand your search from just Southgate to Taytor, Wyandotte, and Riverview.  Several ladies here have used Arnaldo's in Riverview, and both loved it and talked about the reasonable price.

One piece of advice though is to get the guest list and budget set early.  Those things really dictate what you can do and the venues you should consider, and even if you think the budget won't be much, a small amount to some people is a large amount to others.
  • Options
    tabathajamolltabathajamoll member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just book my ceremony and reception at Crystal Gardens in Southgate and it is absolutely amazing and affordable.  You should make an appointment and check them out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards