Geocaching

Does anyone else geocache on here?
:)

Re: Geocaching

• Options
    Lakerchic7272Lakerchic7272 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What exactly is it? (Sorry if thats a dumb question, I just don't know)
    My Wedding Bio Updated 4-2-10
    Married August 14th, 2010
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    SwanyGirly911SwanyGirly911 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Geocaching is using multi million dollar satellites to find tupperware in the woods! :)

But really its finding "treasure" in tupperware containers in the woods or other various places, using GPS. You find the coolest places and things that you would never know even existed without geocaching!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So, how do you do this using your GPS????
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    YES!!!  My FI is super into maps and navigating and that kind of thing, so we started doing this in the fall.  We didnt do anything this winter, but when he gets back from boot camp we'll definitely start again.  Its fun just exploring and hiking through the woods and of course our dog loves being able to go off leash and run around. 

For those who don't know, there is a website that has everything that is hidden listed, with GPS coordinates and sometimes hints.  We used some program on FI's phone for the navigation through the woods (I think it may have been a app through the website).  Thats all I really know...I just followed along where he told me to go :).
  • Options
    JandBFall2010JandBFall2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have heard about this and always wanted to try it.

Whats the website to get started?
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I think the website we use is www.geocahing.com. You can search for them by address and there are tips and how to get started.

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have never successfully gotten anyone to do this with me but I have always wanted to? We should do a GTG geocaching....it would be fun!!!
    cjae2 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agreed ! That would be awesome! When I am in the area would be sweet!

:) I really want to geocache while we are taking pictures in between the ceremony and reception. We'll see if we actually do, but it would be fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards