Michigan-Detroit

2nd Place Winner from President Tuxedo?

So I just got an email from a local President Tuxedo saying I was a "2nd Place Winner", but didn't say what the prize was. But, I MUST call  within 7 days to claim it!

Sound like scam to upsell, yes? I don't even want to call them back because I don't feel like getting pressured right now! Has anyone else gotten similar emails before?
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: 2nd Place Winner from President Tuxedo?

• edited December 2011
    Not to dissapoint, but everyone is a second place winner. I almost didn't book them because of this, but I didn't like the tuxes at Mens warehouse, so I had no other choice.
  • edited December 2011
    I got this awhile ago and got free vests for all my groomsman.  There is no rush either, you can use it whenever you want.  And I don't really care if everyone wins it!!  If it saves some money for my groomsman I'll take it :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I "won" it, too.  I was so excited till I found out everyone "wins" it. :-/
    BabyFruit Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker Our Bio Bridesmaid Dresses July 2012 November Siggy: Bridesmaid Dresses!
  • edited December 2011
    I won it too -- we're still weighing options betweens Men's Warehouse and President's Tuxedo but most likely we're going with MW because it's more affordable. Plus, I think both of them offer a "Free grooms tux" if you rent like 5 tuxes or whatever BUT men's warehouse offers free tux rental OR free suit (to keep) so we're most likely going with that because FI doesn't have a nice suit (he has never really needed one... anytime he "dresses up" he wears dress pants, button up shirt, and tie) and he's ginormous (6' 6" and 280 lbs) so to have a customized suit would be totally nice [: 
  • mirandall28mirandall28 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I don't think it will do me any good because we're having only 2 groomsman and it seems like it's only good if you have a party of 5! Oh well. I wish there were more rental place options!

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_2nd-place-winner-president-tuxedo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:36cac8aa-ebfb-4053-a71c-c333b063599fPost:4f129fc0-e592-4841-9ba0-b66fd70c2f7f">Re: 2nd Place Winner from President Tuxedo?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't think it will do me any good because we're having only 2 groomsman and it seems like it's only good if you have a party of 5! Oh well. I wish there were more rental place options!
    Posted by mirandall28[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>What about your Dads/grandpas/ushers? (if any of them are involved in the wedding)</div>
  • edited December 2011

I was a second place winner too! Must have had quite the tie!! I did take advantage of this, and it ended up being $5 off each tux rental. Not a huge deal, but it was something. My fiance and the groomsmen are wearing kilts so we only needed to rent 4 tuxes (my dad and the ushers, one of which is a child), so I wasn't going to be able to get a deal on anything. Congrats!

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_2nd-place-winner-president-tuxedo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:36cac8aa-ebfb-4053-a71c-c333b063599fPost:4f129fc0-e592-4841-9ba0-b66fd70c2f7f">Re: 2nd Place Winner from President Tuxedo?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't think it will do me any good because we're having only 2 groomsman and it seems like it's only good if you have a party of 5! Oh well. I wish there were more rental place options!
    Posted by mirandall28[/QUOTE]

If you only have two and you don' t like the big chain stores check with some of the local bridal salons.  A lot of them rent tuxedos too!  Moni's in Farmington rents Tuxes and they are really nice and a lot of colors to choose from. They have top name designers too.  My bridesmaids got their dresses and shoes there and so I looked through the tux book whle I was waiting.  Tried to talk my FI into going that route but with our groomsmen spread around the state the chain stores were easiest.  Just a thought though.
  • courtney1188courtney1188 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's a scam! They're way overpriced and the second place *prize* only saves you five dollars. Collectively you save $25 bucks, but Mens Wearhouse is almost always running a promotion that saves you $40. They'll also tell you that you get two free plane tickets...BUT you have to stay at one of their pre-approved resorts, but you won't find that out up front. When we went in for our appointment they had no clue who we were, our wedding date, etc. Even though it had all been confirmed on the phone the day before. A half hour after we got home they called and said we missed our appointment! Wtf?
  • Gracie1222Gracie1222 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    how are you eligible for the other free things you won? I just got the call from the lady. ugh I feel dumb now, I was excited haha Yell
  • AH MAN! I fell for it too. Bummer. The guy told me it was 40 off and free vests. I like men's wearhouse better but haven't compared prices... There is, however a coupon in the Davids BRidal catalogs for 40 off at MW, just no free airfare. Darn.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards