Michigan-Detroit
Options

Outdoor ceremony

Is it a bad idea to have an outside wedding on 10/8? We were thinking of getting married at Wellers in Saline but not sure because of the thought of it being cold out. Thoughts?

Re: Outdoor ceremony

• Options
    MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was in a wedding in October a few years ago and it was in the 80s.  I'd look at common weather patterns in Saline in October (try weather.com) and see what it says.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My parents got married in this area in the middle of October, and they claim it was the hottest day of the year!
  • Options
    japow1984japow1984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I got married on 10/8/10 and when we got married outside at 5:30, it was between 80 and 85 degrees. It was also sunny all day (SO warm I didn't end up wearing my crinoline). In 2006, I was in a wedding on 10/6 and it was sunny and 70. I think in October, it's always taking a chance to have an outdoor ceremony, but for us it really paid off. Would you have an indoor option if rain or extreme cold hit?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
      Honestly, it's risky to have an outdoor ceremony any time of year in Michigan!  Does Weller's have a back-up indoor area you could use?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My brother got married  october 6th three years ago in brooklyn michigan it was 90 degrees we were so hot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards