Michigan-Detroit

Confessions/Vents

Re: Confessions/Vents

• Confession - I'm starting to get anxious/nervous!!  17 days and I feel like there is so much to do and yet nothing I can do from here.  I still have to buy plates and silverware for the cake, make the kissing balls, meet with all of the vendors one last time, get my dress pressed (or whatever they do to take wrinkles out), wrap the gifts, make sure everything is organized and get the board printed on top of all the regular last minute wedding stuff (hair, nails, rehearsals, BParty, etc.)!  It's enough to make me hyperventilate!!!  

Vents - Our programs are STILL not done.  I'm very frustrated with my planner/coordinator.  I do not feel it is worth the money I am paying.  FI is annoyed that we spent the money too which only makes me more upset.  We have been working on the programs for over a month now.  That is me sending him the word document for formatting and printing.  I did have a few mistakes but it is taking almost a week between fixes.  These fixes are a comma here, a word capitalized, simple grammatical issues that should not take that long to fix!!  

I'm also frustrated with how long it is taking to get a hold of my chair covers and sash lady.  She does great work and is super nice I just like immediate results especially this close to the date.  I know it is just me being nervous so I'm trying to keep things in perspective but it is getting much harder.  I feel like I'm starting to become mean and I don't want to or mean to.  Damn emotions!!  

My aunt and cousins still aren't sure if they are coming.  We completed the seating chart and have four choices set out: 1. If only my uncle comes, 2. If my aunt and uncle come but no cousins, 3. If the whole family comes, 4. If the whole family comes plus guests.  This makes it super hard since I have to have the board sent off for printing on the 1st at the latest.  They might not know by then which means only my uncle will be on it and I will have to have someone with a list to guide them.  It's not that big of a deal but frustrating. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • No WR frustrations - woo!  I'm glad everything is going so smoothly.  I'm normally a control freak but I've been very 'zen' and I realize that I don't care anymore, I just want to marry my FI!

NWR - I have an interview next Friday in Detroit from 8:30-11am.  I'm really nervous and I feel like I'm just wasting my time.  Every other company where I applied for a Senior Buyer position said I didn't have enough experience, and now this company asked me to interview (they're a HUUUUUUGGGEEEE company).  I just don't think I'm going to get it.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited May 2012
    Vent: I'm the maid of honor in my best friends wedding June 16th. I bought my dress months ago, and basically forgot about it. Last night, I figured I should probably try it on, since the wedding is coming up in a couple weeks. Of course, it doesn't even fit anymore. I can just barely zip it up, and it looks awful. Its so discouraging. I've been trying to lose weight for years, so I know that it's going to be a pain in the butt to get that dang dress to fit in a couple weeks. 
    Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Confession and Vent: My 9/10 year old dog (we're not sure exactly on his age since we adopted him when he was around 1 or 2) has cancer.  I refuse to remove the tumors or do chemo for him because of his age and the fact that he doesn't appear to be in any pain from all 30 or so tumors. 
    Today, I walked out into my living room and found dog blood all over the couch, carpet, and tile in the kitchen.  Some of his tumors popped open either from their size alone or him licking them.  I'll admit, at 7am I couldn't get them to stop bleeding so I used super glue; it worked.  He has a cone around his head too so he doesn't lick anything. 
    My house kinda looks like someone was murdered there but I didn't have time to clean it up this morning and dogs tend to bleed way more than humans for stuff like that.  I wasn't worried about him dying but man, what a mess! 
    I'm leaving work in 3 minutes and going home to clean it and see what I can do for my dog.  Unless he bleeds too much or is showing signs of pain I'm not putting him down but I'm starting to see a long road ahead of us with him.
  • 17 days before my wedding my fricking breaks start grinding. Really? I don't want to spend the money to get them fixed. So annoyed.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_wanted-wednesday-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:3e559588-024e-4461-9539-4e7be9741d56Post:926a0bc2-9dce-4265-9fc6-af385b93a3de">Re: Confessions/Vents</a>:
    [QUOTE]Confession and Vent: My 9/10 year old dog (we're not sure exactly on his age since we adopted him when he was around 1 or 2) has cancer.  I refuse to remove the tumors or do chemo for him because of his age and the fact that he doesn't appear to be in any pain from all 30 or so tumors.  Today, I walked out into my living room and found dog blood all over the couch, carpet, and tile in the kitchen.  Some of his tumors popped open either from their size alone or him licking them.  I'll admit, at 7am I couldn't get them to stop bleeding so I used super glue; it worked.  He has a cone around his head too so he doesn't lick anything.  My house kinda looks like someone was murdered there but I didn't have time to clean it up this morning and dogs tend to bleed way more than humans for stuff like that.  I wasn't worried about him dying but man, what a mess!  I'm leaving work in 3 minutes and going home to clean it and see what I can do for my dog.  Unless he bleeds too much or is showing signs of pain I'm not putting him down but I'm starting to see a long road ahead of us with him.
    Posted by MMRoberts11[/QUOTE]

<div>So sorry to hear about your dog!  Hope everything works out alright.</div>
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_wanted-wednesday-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:3e559588-024e-4461-9539-4e7be9741d56Post:e3c48236-dd4e-4bc4-b2e2-345c1ea845e4">Re: Confessions/Vents</a>:
    [QUOTE] My aunt and cousins still aren't sure if they are coming.  We completed the seating chart and have four choices set out: 1. If only my uncle comes, 2. If my aunt and uncle come but no cousins, 3. If the whole family comes, 4. If the whole family comes plus guests.  This makes it super hard since I have to have the board sent off for printing on the 1st at the latest.  They might not know by then which means only my uncle will be on it and I will have to have someone with a list to guide them.  It's not that big of a deal but frustrating. 
    Posted by mlynn1223[/QUOTE]

You are way more patient than me.  at 2 weeks out I'd tell them they have to tell you otherwise you are anticipating only your uncle will be coming and you'll only have a seat for him.
  • Confession: I was getting really frustrated with my FI. He's been out of school for the summer for 2 weeks and hadn't even tried to look for a job and he seemed to be really unmotivated etc. He walked into a place yesterday and was offered a job and I'm over the moon happy! I confess that I'm a little disappointed it's a job working as a pizza delivery guy, but something is better than nothing I suppose. It will probably be the perfect job for him to have while he's still in school anyways.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards