Michigan-Detroit
Options

NWR: Why are people so rude! UGH

This is just a vent so feel free to skip by LOL.

I work in marketing for a pretty innovative real estate company that offers a guaranteed lease program (you buy a home from a builder we work with, we guarantee the lease on your current home for 6 years) and most of the time I absolutely LOVE my job. 

However, Part of my job is sending out our email campaigns (updates, deals, promos, etc.), I send these out once or twice a month to all of our potential clients. Side note: The ONLY way we get peoples info is if THEY send it to us requesting information. And EVERY time I send an email I get tons of rude responses...seriously? just click the unsubscribe button and move on. Seriously, I know i shouldn't take it to heart...but it seriously bothers me. Just one of those days I guess. 

Just a rant. sorry. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: NWR: Why are people so rude! UGH

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I used to work in sales for a corporation and they would do e-mail blasts to all our of our prospects for us.  So my prospects would receive an e-mail "from me". They were also only people who had reached out to us in the past.  Everytime people would send me bitchy e-mails, I had a nice response for them.  It went something along the lines of, "I am terribly sorry for the inconvenience and would be more than hapy to re-move you from our mailing list.  Unfortunately, for your privacy I am unable to do that.  If you simply click the "unsubscribe" button located at the bottom of the original e-mail you will be removed from our system". Technically I could click the unsubscribe button for them, but if they were rude to me I figured I would point out their lack of intelligence for a second...really who doesn't look for an unsubscribe button at the bottom of an automated e-mail? 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_nwr-people-rude-ugh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:4028ba10-ecc7-43ba-b002-3194fe25d3b3Post:dd37bc1b-f209-45d5-ba29-9e65e4c86513">Re: NWR: Why are people so rude! UGH</a>:
    [QUOTE]I used to work in sales for a corporation and they would do e-mail blasts to all our of our prospects for us.  So my prospects would receive an e-mail "from me". They were also only people who had reached out to us in the past.  Everytime people would send me bitchy e-mails, I had a nice response for them.  It went something along the lines of, "I am terribly sorry for the inconvenience and would be more than hapy to re-move you from our mailing list.  Unfortunately, for your privacy I am unable to do that.  If you simply click the "unsubscribe" button located at the bottom of the original e-mail you will be removed from our system". Technically I could click the unsubscribe button for them, but if they were rude to me I figured I would point out their lack of intelligence for a second...really<strong> who doesn't look for an unsubscribe button at the bottom of an automated e-mail?</strong> 
    Posted by Allycat11[/QUOTE]

<div>I was totally thinking this because I ALWAYS look for one (since I've been getting emails from vendors post-wedding and I wanted to unsubscribe. The only reason I continued to subscribe for so long was incase my contracted vendors somehow bailed last minute)</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_nwr-people-rude-ugh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:4028ba10-ecc7-43ba-b002-3194fe25d3b3Post:b019fc8b-0291-4bbb-b662-8920ced44fcc">Re: NWR: Why are people so rude! UGH</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: NWR: Why are people so rude! UGH : I was totally thinking this because I ALWAYS look for one (since I've been getting emails from vendors post-wedding and I wanted to unsubscribe. The only reason I continued to subscribe for so long was incase my contracted vendors somehow bailed last minute)
    Posted by Milsey32[/QUOTE]

Exactly!  I get so much spam e-mail and have always been able to find the "unsubscribe" button when I look for one.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    baileyleevbaileyleev member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_nwr-people-rude-ugh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:4028ba10-ecc7-43ba-b002-3194fe25d3b3Post:dd37bc1b-f209-45d5-ba29-9e65e4c86513">Re: NWR: Why are people so rude! UGH</a>:
    [QUOTE]I used to work in sales for a corporation and they would do e-mail blasts to all our of our prospects for us.  So my prospects would receive an e-mail "from me". They were also only people who had reached out to us in the past.  Everytime people would send me bitchy e-mails, I had a nice response for them.  It went something along the lines of, "<strong>I am terribly sorry for the inconvenience and would be more than hapy to re-move you from our mailing list.  Unfortunately, for your privacy I am unable to do that.  If you simply click the "unsubscribe" button located at the bottom of the original e-mail you will be removed from our system</strong>". Technically I could click the unsubscribe button for them, but if they were rude to me I figured I would point out their lack of intelligence for a second...really who doesn't look for an unsubscribe button at the bottom of an automated e-mail? 
    Posted by Allycat11[/QUOTE]
    I am soooo stealing this ha ha!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards