Michigan-Detroit

Inexpensive hair and makeup needed!

Hi girls,

I'm looking for one person to do five hair styles/down-dos for my bridal party and female family members. She'll have to be on-location in Birmingham.

I also need a separate person to be on-site at my grandmother's house in Farmington Hills to do her makeup.

Any recommendations? I'd like to hire affordable people who know what they're doing but aren't necessarily professionals, like people who do hair or makeup on the side or out of their homes. The more info you can give me regarding their pricing, the better, as this will be the determining factor. Thanks!

Re: Inexpensive hair and makeup needed!

• edited December 2011
    My friend Kristi does hair on the side...she has worked in a pro salon before, but now just works out of her home.  I've asked her to do my hair for my wedding, as well as the bridesmaids.  And I do think that she's willing to go to where you will be getting ready. 

***Just a fyi she quoted me $30 for a style and $50 for updo***
  • edited December 2011
    Deux Adore.  They're a sister team and both work professionally.  Stephanie does the hair and Jen does the makeup. They travel all over. I'm attaching the prices she (Jen) quoted me in an email back in March.

Stephanie starts at $65 per person for hair, and can be contacted at skapusta1@yahoo.com She does all the Bridal trials out of her salon in downtown Royal Oak - Bianchi's salon (248.545.6000).
    Airbrush makeup: $80 for the bride
    Regular makeup application: $70 for the Bride
    False eyelashes are $10 extra
    Bridesmaids: $50 (airbrush + $10)
    Mothers: $45 (airbrush + $10)
    Makeup Trials are $60 for the Bride & I can come to you or you can come to me.
  • edited December 2011
    I second Duex Adore.  I used them for my wedding and loved their work! 
    Photobucket Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • flamingtwig72flamingtwig72 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Could you send me Kristi's info please?

Deux Adore is fine, but I don't want to pay that much. Thanks though.
  • edited December 2011

FYI...i sent you a PM with her number

• flamingtwig72flamingtwig72 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh ok, thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards