Michigan-Detroit
Options

Be Careful - Update on Photographer Jen Macpherson

I know a lot of you ladies have heard about the Jen Macpherson/Amanda Williams debacle...I too experienced it first hand.

I hope that everyone who re-booked with Jen is satisfied, I truly do, because wedding pictures are so important.

I should let you know that when this was all first going down back in February...I was three weeks away from my wedding.  I couldn't get ahold of Jen, she wasn't returning emails, calls...NOTHING.

I finally reached out to Amanda Williams, who informed me that she had not been able to get ahold of Jen either.

And ladies, Jen never called, never emailed, and never contacted...she simply didn't show up to our wedding.

Beware...I don't think it's a matter of Jen and Amanda having issues.  I know myself and numerous other people I recommended her to have had trouble getting in contact with Jen and receiving pictures.  Some people didn't even receive their wedding photos. 

I just say beware.  Amanda Williams is being incredibly gracious to let people out of their contract given that she has alternates available. 

I wouldn't trust Jen with my wedding photography and certainly not anyone I know, even if she did decide to go out on her own.  It really doesn't say much to her character that she bailed out  not only on me, but other brides... and on top of that, Amanda Williams Photography and especially Amanda Williams herself.
Anniversary

Re: Be Careful - Update on Photographer Jen Macpherson

• Options
    larzhopelarzhope member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for posting this - it reaffirmed my decision to go with someone else.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    great. shes our photog and amanda offered to do it instead, im glad i agreed.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know what Jen's situation was back in February, but I just talked to Jen last week and she was super excited for our wedding.  I left her a voicemail and she returned my call within 5 mins.  So to all those brides who stuck with her, she seems to be responsive and easy to get ahold of at this point in time.
  • Options
    amyn1919amyn1919 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

i haven't had any issues either...i called her back when things were going on with her splitting from Amanda and everything was kosher.

Songbird- I'm getting married the week end before you:)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That sucks OP! So what did you end up having to do for wedding photos day-of? ]:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_careful-update-photographer-jen-macpherson?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:433c2fc8-7925-49a7-b143-c2d4723b675ePost:df0ec007-458d-4684-b955-1f1dc631ba6f">Re: Be Careful - Update on Photographer Jen Macpherson</a>:
    [QUOTE]That sucks OP! So what did you end up having to do for wedding photos day-of? ]:
    Posted by Milsey32[/QUOTE]

Thankfully, one of the photographers we had originally considered booking with was available.  We couldn't get ahold of Jen to let her know we were going with someone else.  When we found out another photographer was availble, Amanda Williams refunded our money in full... just days before the wedding.  We used Matt Mollan Photography, and he seriously saved the day!

I just think it was incredibly disrespectul and unprofessional of Jen to avoid us.  We had paid in full.  We were trying to coordinate times for her:  the meeting time/location, photo ideas, a confirmation of timeline etc.  SHE IGNORED US. 

Talk about panic before the wedding.  At this point we were still under contract.  I don't care if she was separating from Amanda Williams or what her personal issues were.  As HER client, she had an obligation to us and she failed.  And because of her lack of communiction, we almost had no photographer for our wedding.  Add that to the list of wedding stress.  

I think it speaks terribly of her character.  I know I sound really bitter, and I am...but because I know she was wrong.  I don't want to see people fail, but my better judgement would be to advise anyone considering using her to look elsewhere. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi there! My wedding has come and gone, and Jen photographed it. I received the originals on cd's, but that's the last I've heard from her. Any problems for you contacting her after your wedding? I've emailed her many times, and called both her michigan cell number and new york number numerous times. Does she have any other contact information? Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry you're not hearing back from her. :( That sucks.  I ended up getting someone else for my wedding, but she claims email is the best way to get in touch with her.  Keep being persistent and remind her she has a contract to uphold.
  • Options
    jmhickoxjmhickox member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have those who are already married heard anything from her?  I have been married for 2 months and she still owes me everything that her contract stated.  I am desperate to get ahold of her and would not want this to happen to anyone else.  Please help me to get in touch with her for those of you who are or have been in contact with her recently.  My email is Jennifer_hickox@yahoo.com.  Thank you and beware if you are not married yet, address this issue with her immediately!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been married 3 1/2 months, and haven't heard from her since. I've tried calling, and emails, with no response. The only thing I received from her was the original photos on cds at the end of my reception.  What contact info do you have for her? I'm on the verge of calling a lawyer.
  • Options
    jmhickoxjmhickox member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Same here.  My videographer said she was moving to New York.  I will go to all lengths to find her.  I am a photographer myself and this totally disgusts me.  I will definitely contact a lawyer.  Please email me at Jennifer_hickox@yahoo.com or give me your email so we can chat further.  I've got some ideas... :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The same thing has happened to us and we were married in June and only received our cd's.  We've tried countless times to contact her in NY and Detroit and nothing.  Have you contacted a lawyer?  Did she really move to NY?  I am disgusted with her and want her to give us what the contract states or give us our money back. 
    Please let me know if anyone has contacted her.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    d_mitoraj, I PM'd you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We were married in July and haven't recieved anything from Jen. Talked to her about a month ago, she was very reassuring at the time, but nothing since...total MIA. we are in rochetser, ny area where she was last doing business and living. we have been emailing and leaving her msg's on her phone at least once a day. we didn't even get a cd. hoping to avoid lawyer but may... 
  • Options
    Anyone on this site that has not received their photos we are getting together and working with Lawyers in both Indiana, Michigan and New York and are starting a lawsuit.  Please feel free to email and contact us if you are willing to join this effort.  banet22@yahoo.com
  • Options
    I have a friend that got married in April and has had no problems with Jen.
  • Options
    I am in the very same situation. We had Jennifer take our photos for our wedding in January 2011. It has been a year and we have not heard from her at all. She has ignored our phone calls and emails. My email is Julie.tolles@gmail.com. Please email me if you would like to talk about filing a lawsuit! I am desperate to get my photos.
  • Options

Well she is the only one.  There are numerous lawsuits going on right now and Jennifer has stolen our money and not delivered our pictures.  If she has been successful maybe she could help the rest of us out.
  • Options
    Those that have had an issue call the Michigan Attorney General or if you are in New York call the NYS Attorney General and add your name to the list that is going against Jennifer.  We are going to look into small claims court.  She has not shown up for several court dates and the more she doesn't show up to the worst it is for her.  If you know anyone else that is going through this pass the message on.  Feel free to email me at banet22@yahoo.com.  We have a group that is working together to share information.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards