New York-Hudson Valley
Options

poughkeepsie rea hotels with shuttle

hi! 
i'm getting married at west park winery this october.  we live in westchester and we have friends and family coming in from all over the country so we're looking to reserve a room block. it's really important to us to have a hotel that offers a shuttle service. i was wondering if anyone knows of any in the area or if they generally have an idea of how this costs?
the only one i have found is the hampton inn in poughkeepsie which offers a discount on a bus if we can garuntee 20 rooms, but it still ends up costing around $500. since i really have nothing to compare this to i'm looking for any ideas or suggestions!
thank you!

Re: poughkeepsie rea hotels with shuttle

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know of any area hotels that have a shuttle other than the Pok grand and that is just between their venues and the hotel.   
    I think you'll be hard pressed to find a hotel in Poughkeepsie that will shuttle all the way to the WPW. 
    Have you tried West Point Tours or JTR Transportation? They  will provide shuttles for you.  We used JTR Transportation's 47 passenger bus.  It was about $500 for pick up at Pok Grand Hotel, take guests to ceremony at Marist college, return guests to hotel after cerermony (our reception was at the hotel).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi,

It definitely is hard to find a place that will include a shuttle, especially since you are going over the Mid Hudson Bridge. I am getting married up in that area also. My hotel is the Pok Grand and they are giving us a shuttle because we are getting married at one of their properties. When we filled our room block, we went with the Courtyard Marriott in Poughkeepsie as overflow and contracted a shuttle from our transportation company Settembre Limo http://www.settembrelimo.com/. They have been fabulous and a much better deal than that $500.00 Hampton Inn quoted you. I am not sure if they go as far as over the mid hudson bridge, but it is worth contacting them and asking. They have been awesome to deal with! Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thank you so much for the advice! this is helpful!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i just spoke with settembre limo and for their shuttle bus to bring our guests back and forth would be close to $1,000 plus fuel and gratuity.  i am just curious if this was consistent with what you were talking about. thanks!
  • Options
    ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had the middle bus at JTR (I think it was the 47 passenger)....I got married in Octo 2009 and it cost $900. It shuttled guests to/from hotels in Fishkill to the Links at UnionVale in LaGrangeville (20 minutes)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    yoko2011yoko2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just got off the phone with first student school busses - 845-454-3065. Lisa was helpful and reasonable. 55person school bus - not fancy but 1/2 of what other places quote. you may want to try them. GL

edit: they're quote was like 1/2 of what other places quoted me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards