Michigan-Detroit
Options

Name....

A book that was better than the movie and a movie that was better than the book.

Book better than the movie- Catch Me If You Can. I actually saw the real Frank Abagnale speak. The book gets in to much more detail and the Tom Hanks character was totally fictional. 

Movie better than the book- The Princess Bride. I tried to read it, but just couldn't get through it.

Re: Name....

• Options
    Julz629Julz629 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have never seen a movie that was based on the book where I thought the movie was better.  I just don't think it's possible.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Book better than movie....just about every one! I love books though so I'm maybe a little bias.  To name a few: The Lovely Bones, all of the Dan Brown books, My Sisters Keeper, I could go on...

Movie better than book: If I have to come up with one, I would say the Count of Monte Cristo, only because the book was SO long and took me forever to get through.  But really the movie skips out on so many good parts, so I guess it's a trade off.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Book better then the movie: lots but for this I'll pick Memoirs of a Geisha. I loved how descriptive the book was on the kimonos and cherry blossoms and everything (it really jived with how i felt when I lived there) but the movie spent so much time being dark and moody you missed all the culture that made that part so bad!

As for movie better then the book... hmm... I'd say Jurassic Park. I read and saw them about the same time, but the movie really 'wow'ed me back then and the book, well, I liked Sphere better.
  • Options
    Julz629Julz629 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://detroit.weddings.com/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_name-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:447db3e2-4198-4dd6-9c3c-56374be35326Post:2ab58c80-2db7-4afa-82f8-ffda138d1c4e">Re: Name....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Book better than movie....just about every one! I love books though so I'm maybe a little bias.  To name a few: <strong>The Lovely Bones</strong>, all of the Dan Brown books, My Sisters Keeper, I could go on... Movie better than book: If I have to come up with one, I would say the Count of Monte Cristo, only because the book was SO long and took me forever to get through.  But really the movie skips out on so many good parts, so I guess it's a trade off.
    Posted by allikl62[/QUOTE]

OMG.  The Lovely Bones was THE WORST adaptation of a movie from a book EVER.  I hated it.  I would have turned the movie off after half an hour but I kept waiting to see if it got better because I loved the movie so much.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Book better than a movie: Nights in Rodanthe, The Notebook

Movie better than book: A Walk to Remember

I have a horrible habit of reading a book and then wanting to watch the movie when it comes out. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can't think of any movies I liked better than the book, bt I am sure there must be one.

Books better than the movie: the 1st one I thought of was The Devil Wears Prada. I actually didn't care for the movie at all.  The second one- and this one really gets me- was the movie adaptation of In Her Shoes.  I happen to love chick lit, and I loved that book. The movie was, in my opinion a HUGE dissapointment.
    Final Count 181! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't read as much as you guys these days.

But a Looooong time ago, I read The Godfather. The movie is my all time favorite, and was better than the book. They got less into the movie, but it's a classic.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards