Michigan-Detroit

Silly Final Head Count Question

Do vendors get included in your final head count?  Are you responsible for feeding them or is that part of their job to eat before/after your event?  
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Silly Final Head Count Question

• Do vendors get included in your final head count?  It depends on the venue.  Some have separate meals (usually burger and fries) for vendors at a discounted rate.

Are you responsible for feeding them or is that part of their job to eat before/after your event? Check your contracts.  Some vendors require food and others don't.  If they do not require a meal, I'd still think about how long they'll be working that day and consider it as a nice add on.  Overall, a fed vendor will be happier if they are working long hours for you.
  • Its up to the vendor. Even though some of our vendors do not require it, we are still going to provide it for them.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    200image 167image 32image 1image RSVP Date: May 1st
  • Some of the vendors require that you feed them. For my situation, my vendors are included in my headcount and will be given a full meal. They gotta eat too! lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That's what I thought, I would include them in the head count and feed them but wasn't sure since I have never read it anywhere.  I'm sure it is out there.  Another reason I asked this question is my coordinator included another person on their RSVP.  I have texted him 4 times asking who this person is.  He has responded to my other texts but has ignored this one.  If I'm feeding them then I feel he should have asked me first, not just put this person on there.  So it is him, his wife and then this third guest.  This coordinator is a whole other issue that I'm sure I will vent about on Thursday.  
  • In a couple of my contracts, my vendors say they don't require it, but they will need an hour and a half to go find dinner if it's not provided.

Cake! - June 2013
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My venue has a separate seating area for the vendors, and they provide a "box dinner" that has a sandwich, chips, and a drink for about $15? Instead of paying another $50 per plate for the vendors on top of what I am already paying for them.
  • What PPs have said. Our vendors actually ate what the other guests ate, I thought the hall offered the same meal at a discount rate, but I honestly couldn't tell you at this point (nor do I care to go back through the contracts). My vendors were very grateful they received what everyone else ate instead of a boxed dinner or something else.
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I fed any vendor that was there during the reception aside from the venue manager (he prob gets fed as an employee) and I worked it out to get a discounted rate since they wouldn't be drinking. Even if they do not require it, its just considerate if they are required to be there for the night.

•   We just asked our vendors if they wanted us to feed them. Most said they didn't, but if we didn't provide a meal, they would need to take a 1/2-1 hour break (different vendors had different break lengths). We ended up just feeding the 2 photographers, the officiant and the DJ. They chose from the same meals we were offering our guests. I think they were happy to take a bit of a break and have a decent meal.
    I didn't get a discount on their meals, per se, but I did have the venue count them as under 21 since they wouldn't be drinking.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards