Michigan-Detroit
Options

**JHolbell***

I have a question for ya!

We are meeting with Rev. Carl Volger today...

When you booked him (or at your sisters wedding) did he seem kinda spacey?

He seems like a great guy, but every time I talk to him on the phone I get the "day dream" feeling like he isn't totally focused on the conversation...

Any words of wisdom?

We are going to book him because..let's face it...we are under 3 months out and my stress level can't handle not having an officiant..lol

Re: **JHolbell***

• Options
    Julz629Julz629 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

haha, yes, that's him.  He's super stressed out right now -- I talked to him last week and he was taking over for some professor that had to leave so he was dealing with finals, submitting grades, etc.  I had sent him two different emails about changes that I wanted to make for our ceremony -- changing a reading and moving around something.  He called me because he says its easier to communicate on the phone because he isn't that fast at typing.  He was very overwhelmed and apologized many times, but assured me that he got my emails, we talked through the changes, and he told me he would get me our updated ceremony shortly.

I can definitely see why you get that impression -- but he has been great to work with so far and he did a great job for my sister's wedding last August.  He is also pretty affordable compared to some other prices I've seen for officiants.

Now I forget....did you already have an officiant and something fell through?  Or have you just not booked one yet?

JandBFall2010 is also using Rev Carl.

Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We haven't had an officiant.

We bought a house in April so in Jan. we stopped wedding planning all together. Until Feb. when we changed our venue/i lost my job/etc. In march I got a new job and then we got the house. we are just not (about 3 weeks ago) getting back into wedding planning and realized that most officiants are either super expensive or booked.

I saw you rec him in a couple posts so I called, he was available and we'll be booking him tonight.
  • Options
    Julz629Julz629 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome, well congrats on the big check (almost)!  Rev. Carl has been great and really lets me do whatever I want for the ceremony.  He suggested a couple readings and they were alright, but ended up changing them and he made those changes.  He is also open to having friends/family doing readings, but can also do the entire ceremony himself if needed.

Sounds like lots of major life changes have been going on!  Your life must've been crazy.  You're getting married 2 weeks before me and I know that I'm in full-on wedding planning mode now so I'm sure its the same way for you.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah we are pretty much in wedding planning mode. After tonight it's getting the invites done and paying stuff off.

I'm more concerned with getting finished with work (I'm a teacher), I have one week left and these last 3 weeks are killing me
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    what things are you working on?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards