Michigan-Detroit

When are RSVP's usually due?

Our wedding is May 19th. We are send them out end of March. When should the RSVP be due?
Daisypath Wedding tickers
200image 167image 32image 1image RSVP Date: May 1st

Re: When are RSVP's usually due?

• When are you final counts due to your reception hall?  I would make it at least a week before that date so you can track down stragglers.

For what it's worth, our wedding was May 21st and we had them due May 1st.
  • I would say a week or two before your final count is due to your venue.

Our RSVP date was Oct. 1st for our Oct. 29th wedding, it could've been about a week later, but my mom, who was paying, insisted it needed to be that early. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited January 2012
    I am having mine due 6 weeks before the wedding. Just because the final count is due 3 weeks early because they have to figure out how to set up my tables. I also have to buy so much stuff that depends on the guest count...
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_rsvps-usually-due?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:501961c4-c10d-43fa-8ac2-c99640907358Post:9cd5b20d-00c3-4b8d-87a9-7ecdb3fc60bf">Re: When are RSVP's usually due?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have having mine due 6 weeks before the wedding. Just because the final count is due 3 weeks early because they have to figure out how to set up my tables. I also have to but so much stuff that depends on the guest count...
    Posted by MichiganderBride[/QUOTE]
    Keep in mind that by havin your RSVP date that far away, people's plans might change and they may be no shows.  A lot of people wait to the last minute because they don't know what their plans are and generally 2-3 weeks before an event (when most RSVPs are due) you have a better idea than 6 weeks.

I'm not saying you shouldn't do this but keep in mind the effect it might have on things.
  • Our wedding is Aug 25 and we are thinking of making them due July 1.  75% of our guests are out of town, so they should know by then. This will give us a week or two to track down any that didn't respond and plenty of time for planning.
  • I'm thinking of having mine due a month before.  The caterer needs their counts 2 weeks before and I want to give myself enough time to figure out table seating and allow time to track down late people.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_rsvps-usually-due?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:501961c4-c10d-43fa-8ac2-c99640907358Post:8c907fd9-5143-4169-896a-22dbd23ff578">Re: When are RSVP's usually due?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm thinking of having mine due a month before.  The caterer needs their counts 2 weeks before and I want to give myself enough time to figure out table seating and allow time to track down late people.
    Posted by MMRoberts11[/QUOTE]

<div>FYI, Nino was WONDERFUL in adjusting our final bill 4 or 5 days before the event when people kept calling us to say their date couldn't come anymore or whatever. It was like, 7 people - which is a couple hundred bucks. (I didn't talk to him about the 5 people that decided the day before not to come... but whatever). I really appreciated that. </div>
  • Mine are due 3 weeks before my wedding is April 28, and I set the RSVP up for April 7.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_rsvps-usually-due?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:501961c4-c10d-43fa-8ac2-c99640907358Post:a78f78c2-f65a-4211-a488-1698bd08af90">Re: When are RSVP's usually due?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: When are RSVP's usually due? : FYI, Nino was WONDERFUL in adjusting our final bill 4 or 5 days before the event when people kept calling us to say their date couldn't come anymore or whatever. It was like, 7 people - which is a couple hundred bucks. (I didn't talk to him about the 5 people that decided the day before not to come... but whatever). I really appreciated that. 
    Posted by Milsey32[/QUOTE]

Rebecca told me this a few days ago too.  I'm hoping I won't have to deal with it much though.  I'm glad you were able to save some money.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards