New York-Hudson Valley

DJ payment plant question

A DJ I am interviewing requirs final payment 3 weeks prior to wedding.  Another DJ requirs final payment on the day of wedding.  The second opiton seems more reasonable (seems weird to pay 100% for a service that has not been received).  I prefer going with DJ #1 (payment 3 weeks in advance) so I am asking if these different payment plans are normal.  I will throw in that the DJ I am leaning towards also has great reviews on the knot and other websites.

I appreciate the help! 

Re: DJ payment plant question

• ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I believe my dj required final payment on the day of.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • tstegertsteger member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    My DJ is also final payment day of the wedding
  • edited December 2011
    My DJ requires the remaining balance the day of the wedding as well.
    December 2011 siggy challenge- Furbabies Photobucket
  • kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Mine was paid in advance. Trust me, it's a lot easier that way. You have so much going on on your wedding day that you won't want to deal with paying your vendors.
    imageimageimage
  • ottotaniaottotania member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks, ladies!
  • edited December 2011
    We paid our final payment the day of the wedding. 
  • ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_dj-payment-plant-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:04a45265-e0e7-4756-90d4-c6b44332088ePost:2270251b-a55f-4d6f-b685-9b510d03b953">Re: DJ payment plant question</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mine was paid in advance. Trust me, it's a lot easier that way. You have so much going on on your wedding day that you won't want to deal with paying your vendors.
    Posted by kristinanddan[/QUOTE]

I paid that vendor in advance as well...but the official payment plan was day of.  I agree that the last thing you want to worry about or worry about giving to someone is that
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I think all my final payments (except video and photographer) are due two weeks in advance... I am getting married in CT so it could be different there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards