Michigan-Detroit
Options

Indoor photos

So my plans for the wedding pics are to hit Hart Plaza and Campus Martius.....but right now they're saying a 30% of scattered showers next saturday with a hi of 63.  OK so just in case I need a plan B.

The Whitney said it would cost up to $300-$800 for pictures if the event isn't there. OUCH!  Dearborn Inn wants $200.  Still a li'l steep for me.  DIA is free and so is the lobby at Greektown hotel.  I'm trying to get a hold of the Detroit Historical Museum as well but they never answer their phone.  Any other suggestions??
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Indoor photos

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, btw, Belle Isle wanted $100 per scene so F that too.  I wanted the light house, the fountain and the tower but $300 is not happenin'.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    umm, Belle doesn't charge for pictures! Seriously? Or are you talking about inside the conservatory?

What about MGM or Motor City Hotel? What about the back of the Ren Cen? What about Hard Rock Cafe? All this is downtown...
  • Options
    mink492mink492 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yea, are you talking about in the conservatory? We did our epics there & we did get yelled at when we went inside (we didn't know), but otherwise it should be free.

& p.s. stop looking at the weather! it'll make you crazy.
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Other places:

Compuware Bldg lobby, pics here:

http://www.compuware.com/about/headquarter_photos.asp

Guardian Bldg, Fisher Bldg have nice lobbies

In case you don't know, there is now a carousel on the Detroit River Walk, info here (not indoors, but the pics I saw last year were fabulous):

http://www.detroitriverfront.org/

It's in the Rivard Plaza, opens May 1st, map here:

http://www.detroitriverfront.org/pdf/DRFC_Our-Map-Parking.pdf

Info:

The Cullen Family Carousel, located at Rivard Plaza, was handcrafted and designed especially for Detroit. It features creatures native to the Detroit River along with the mythical River Mermaid and River Monster. The beautiful Cullen Family Carousel is a treat for kids of all ages.

Carousel Hours
    Sunday-Thursday 11am to 8pm
    Friday and Saturday 11am to 10pm

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh yeah - I called Friends of Belle Isle and asked about pictures.  I told her I wanted the fountain, the light house and the tower and she said it's $100 per location.  I'm assuming she knew I wanted the pictures outside but maybe she did think we wanted indoor photos, I have no idea.  But she did tell me that we would be charged because they have to schedule the photos in case other events are happening. 
    The compuware building does look really cool.  I will take a look some more at that, and I think I'm going to go w/ DIA because they told me if we tell them we're just going for pics they won't charge us admission.  The Greektown Hotel has a cool lobby too.  DHM is cute but they will charge regular admission and it would be about $94 for all of us plus the photographer.  I haven't ruled that out yet though - I may pay that, just iddn't want to go over $100.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    These places all say they want money for pics, but there is rarely anyone there to enforce it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards