Michigan-Detroit
Options

AW Thursday!

What do you ladies have to AW about?  Pictures please!

Re: AW Thursday!

• Options
    drewmwdrewmw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I made a sample of my DIY invites, and I am really happy with the way they turned out!

((I plan on adding something to the pocket, but I'm not sure what yet...))

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Created by Wedding Favors

Wedding Planning and DIY bio Updated 05/15/12
    image 167 Made the list
    image 115 Accept
    image 46 Decline
    image 6 Not ready to decide
    RSVP deadline: June 8
  • Options
    crhein26crhein26 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have pictures because, well I am terrible at taking them and I left my camera at my grandmas and TOTALLY forgot to get it back when I was there last weekend.  :(  Anyways, we mailed out invites this week, finalized the tuxes, and paid off the honeymoon last night!  I feel like things are finally starting to be accomplished.  We are going to book a few excursions for our HM tonight too.  Yay for checks!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Brian and Cori 11-19-11
  • Options
    cmusmiles85cmusmiles85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have my first fitting at Bella's Alterations on Saturday! I know I'm cutting it a little close...
    Anniversary Vacation Vacation
  • Options
    larzhopelarzhope member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's single digits for matuofm and I today :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Invitations came on Tuesday -- just have to take the time to put them together! [:
  • Options
    matuofmmatuofm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_aw-thursday-102?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:535bcb50-4675-4980-ab7d-5af5edd5bf03Post:6ac9be0a-67b8-4046-b7c6-642217658f4f">Re: AW Thursday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's single digits for matuofm and I today :)
    Posted by larzhope[/QUOTE]

AHHHH!
    I realize that I should have realized this.  I mean, yesterday I noted that it was 10 days.  Logically, that means that today is 9.  But the actual thought had not yet entered in my mind.  Ohmygosh...single digits!!!  Congrats, larz!

*runs off frantically to print stickers for the favor boxes*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_aw-thursday-102?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:535bcb50-4675-4980-ab7d-5af5edd5bf03Post:6ac9be0a-67b8-4046-b7c6-642217658f4f">Re: AW Thursday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's single digits for matuofm and I today :)

<div>Yay!!!!!!! I'm so excited for you ladies!!!</div><div>
    </div><div>I'm a year out as of today - so excited for my ticker to start moving!!! </div><div>
    </div><div>My Mom also has an appointment at a Church in downtown Milford for us next week. If we decide to move forward and have the ceremony there I will be wedding worry free until after Christmas :)</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    larzhopelarzhope member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_aw-thursday-102?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:535bcb50-4675-4980-ab7d-5af5edd5bf03Post:f2b059e3-5836-43b3-aaeb-c1fd6c711e30">Re: AW Thursday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW Thursday! : Yay!!!!!!! I'm so excited for you ladies!!! <strong>I'm a year out as of today - so excited for my ticker to start moving!!!</strong>  My Mom also has an appointment at a Church in downtown Milford for us next week. If we decide to move forward and have the ceremony there I will be wedding worry free until after Christmas :)
    Posted by MishGettingMarried[/QUOTE]

woot woot!

Also - just want to be sure - is it the one right by Klancys?  I hope so... 

There is an old stone church on commerice road (right by Milford Bar and Grill) that boasts that they do ceremonies, receptions, showers, etc, and just wanted to warn if it's that place to run as far away as you can.  We planned to have my shower there, they never gave my mom a copy of the contract, told her 3 weeks before the shower that the fire department was shutting us down, and my mom's $300 deposit was never refunded.
  • Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually have a WR AW today :)

I had been working on our wedding album for awhile and I finally ordered it and I got it on Saturday!  It turned out beautiful if I do say so myself.  I ordered from mypublisher.com and I could not be more thrilled with the results (especially after ordering my guestbook from another site and not being impressed with the results.)

So if you are looking for a photobook, I highly recommend mypublisher!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_aw-thursday-102?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:535bcb50-4675-4980-ab7d-5af5edd5bf03Post:272f56cc-9b12-443b-9152-48e57ba47483">Re: AW Thursday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW Thursday! : woot woot! Also - just want to be sure - is it the one right by Klancys?  I hope so...  There is an old stone church on commerice road (right by Milford Bar and Grill) that boasts that they do ceremonies, receptions, showers, etc, and just wanted to warn if it's that place to run as far away as you can.  We planned to have my shower there, they never gave my mom a copy of the contract, told her 3 weeks before the shower that the fire department was shutting us down, and my mom's $300 deposit was never refunded.

<div>Oh yeah! It's the Milford Presbyterian Church. I went with FSIL to an appointment at that place by Milford House and the (annoying) woman that owns the building was telling us how we shouldn't worry ourselves with saving money for flowers and decor, that the food is the only think people will rememeber (i.e. - save your money for HER business not your florist). </div><div>
    </div><div>She told us that they worked off of the Cinco Lagos liquor license and was annoyed when I inquired as to how they worked out....legally, since well, it isn't. At the end of the appointment she was able to dance around giving us an actual dollar figure for the reception saying that "they just work with what ever you want and we price indivudually". So when I asked her about service charges, how they work in sales tax, room  rental, minimums, bar tender charges, linens, etc she snapped back at me with "WELL, don't YOU just know all the right questions to ask?! What, do you own your own banquet hall TOO?!" I was just like, hey I was a banquet manager for a long time and I'm aware of the things that can make or break your budget, chill. </div><div>
    </div><div>Ugh, needless to say we left unimpressed. This woman is basically trying to sell her business using Brian Polcyn's name. I'm sorry your Mom lost her money though, that is not cool. </div>
  • Options
    larzhopelarzhope member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Phew okay!  Wish you would've been with my mom when she met with that lady ;)

Love my mom, but she is pretty easily taken in.  Luckily it was just a shower, not the wedding and a couple hundred bucks sucks, but it's not the end of the world.

I'm so excited to hear how your plans shape up!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Liz: who did you order your guestbook from?  I'm not 100% sure I'm going to use mypublisher, but I'd like to avoid anyone you are unhappy with.

My AW is that I have put together a LOT of furniture by myself over the past day.  I'm pretty proud.
  • Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_aw-thursday-102?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:535bcb50-4675-4980-ab7d-5af5edd5bf03Post:7cfaca9e-2502-4d37-9a7c-b694409e72fb">Re: AW Thursday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Liz: who did you order your guestbook from?  I'm not 100% sure I'm going to use mypublisher, but I'd like to avoid anyone you are unhappy with. My AW is that I have put together a LOT of furniture by myself over the past day.  I'm pretty proud.
    Posted by Meg1036[/QUOTE]
    My guestbook is from Picaboo.  It's not that I don't like it but the photo quality wasn't as sharp as I want it to be (and I know it wasn't the pictures themselves.)  Plus the "plush leather cover" wasn't very impressive.

Good luck with your album!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_aw-thursday-102?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:535bcb50-4675-4980-ab7d-5af5edd5bf03Post:f2b059e3-5836-43b3-aaeb-c1fd6c711e30">Re: AW Thursday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW Thursday! : Yay!!!!!!! I'm so excited for you ladies!!! I'm a year out as of today - so excited for my ticker to start moving!!!  My Mom also has an appointment at a Church in downtown Milford for us next week. If we decide to move forward and have the ceremony there I will be wedding worry free until after Christmas :)
    Posted by MishGettingMarried[/QUOTE]

Which church in Milford? We are getting married at Milford Presbyterian!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_aw-thursday-102?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:535bcb50-4675-4980-ab7d-5af5edd5bf03Post:7af75a7b-5805-4965-acd1-5d0c1ccedb1b">Re: AW Thursday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW Thursday! : <strong> It's the Milford Presbyterian Church.</strong> Posted by MishGettingMarried[/QUOTE]

Just saw this! Make sure you stay on top of them as the time gets closer. We were suppose to have our session with the pastor within 30 days of signing the contract. They were in the middle of their pastor retiring and finding a new one. They held off and I kept emailing once a month  to "check in". Finally they started our premarital counseling about a month ago and told me that we were running out of time. Hello! I have been asking about it since day one! Anyway, they are pretty good. I don't feel like we got what we should have out of the counseling because the woman was much much older and hard to relate too. She also had a hard time reading and understanding the results of our couples' quiz and it took a lot of time. At this point they have 2 interim pastors, and Pastor Anne will be doing our ceremony and we really like her.
  • Options
    MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This week my FI and I scheduled our e-pics (Oct 2nd), narrowed down some HM resorts, and finalized our invite wording.... ok, we did all this on Sunday.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_aw-thursday-102?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:535bcb50-4675-4980-ab7d-5af5edd5bf03Post:b203dde3-7caf-471e-899c-dcf170ec51b0">Re: AW Thursday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW Thursday! : Just saw this! Make sure you stay on top of them as the time gets closer. We were suppose to have our session with the pastor within 30 days of signing the contract. They were in the middle of their pastor retiring and finding a new one. They held off and I kept emailing once a month  to "check in". Finally they started our premarital counseling about a month ago and told me that we were running out of time. Hello! I have been asking about it since day one! Anyway, they are pretty good. I don't feel like we got what we should have out of the counseling because the woman was much much older and hard to relate too. She also had a hard time reading and understanding the results of our couples' quiz and it took a lot of time. At this point they have 2 interim pastors, and Pastor Anne will be doing our ceremony and we really like her.
    Posted by Jashley05[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Thanks for the info! Nice to know. The woman I spoke to yesterday, Marilyn was really nice and accomodating. I explained to her that FI and I have recently relocated to North Carolina so if we book it will all be taken care of through my Mom. As far as meeting with the Pastor and doing pre-marital counseling she said we can kind of work that out as we go. I told her we were interested in doing pre-marital counseling at a church down here but we can definetly make time to meet with them a few times before the wedding. </div><div>
    </div><div>I've actually never been inside the church before, I just grew up in Milford and have heard so many wonderful things about how beautiful it is inside. Our reception is at Lyon Oaks in South Lyon so it's such a convinient location for us. I hope you post pictures of your ceremony!! I can't wait to see. 

</div>
  • Options
    baileyleevbaileyleev member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    NWR: My baby had his first day of full-day kindergarten this week AWWWW

Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards