Michigan-Detroit
Options

Walking down the aisle

Okay first off...

We are getting married on a beach, but its like 100 stairs down to the beach from the house...
No one is giving me away since this is my second wedding (FI's second too)...what are your thought about both of us walking down together?  Then he can help me :)  Or do you think it would look nicer if he was waiting for me?

EDIT:  Nevermind its too long...and hard to read to post here :(

Re: Walking down the aisle

• Options
    edited December 2011
    [QUOTE]Okay first off... We are getting married on a beach, but its like 100 stairs down to the beach from the house... No one is giving me away since this is my second wedding (FI's second too)...what are your thought about both of us walking down together?  Then he can help me :) <strong> Or do you think it would look nicer if he was waiting for me?</strong>
    Posted by kendrajoy22[/QUOTE]

This.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    P.S. I read it all and it sounded nice.   I just saw that you had aisle misspelled in the beginning.  :)
  • Options
    kendrajoy22kendrajoy22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_ceremony-order-input-request-very-long-sorry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:54525c6e-6369-4a4a-b625-266d635c6e7aPost:378a6a83-d6ba-4fc5-8da7-563ceb10e0fc">Re: Walking down the aisle</a>:
    [QUOTE]P.S. I read it all and it sounded nice.   I just saw that you had aisle misspelled in the beginning.  :)
    Posted by mybestfriendsfuturemrs[/QUOTE]

The pastor typed it all up...lol  I am not worried about proof reading...LOL  thats his responsiblity :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_ceremony-order-input-request-very-long-sorry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:54525c6e-6369-4a4a-b625-266d635c6e7aPost:424dead3-360b-4aa0-af63-e1207da39743">Re: Walking down the aisle</a>:
    [QUOTE]This.
    Posted by mybestfriendsfuturemrs[/QUOTE]

Agreed!
  • Options
    GwenwhyfareGwenwhyfare member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kendra, I've been meaning to update you on my FSIL/FBIL's wedding from this past weekend. My FSIL had both her Mom and Dad walk her down the "aisle". She basically walked across a short wooden bridge, and then down to the beach which was all sand as soon as you stepped off the bridge. She seemed to do okay, but I think having both parents helped while walking on the sand.
    There is no death. Only a change of worlds
    life | home
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think walking together would be cute! This is both our second marriages too so we are doing whatever we want. My 4yr old is walking me down the aisle.

Maybe have no shoes on as you come down all those steps and at the very bottom have them waiting for you to slip into? I would so fall, im a huge klutz =)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Julz629Julz629 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If it's a beach wedding, maybe you can forego shoes altogether?  I totally would.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Haylie04Haylie04 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I've also seen it where the groom meets the bride halfway - it's another option, anyway! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Link to Wedding Blog!
    DIY Brides - there are some AMAZING ideas on craftster.org! If you end up over there, look me up: screenname is Haylie. :)
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can walk down together, or have him waiting for you at the bottom of the stairs, so you can walk to the ceremony location together?

If I were having a beach wedding, I would also probably go barefoot. It's just so cool.
  • Options
    kendrajoy22kendrajoy22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great now you all seem divided on what I should do...lol  I was hoping you guys would make the decision for me :)

I already decided barefoot (heels and sand dont mix)...so I dont know now what to do...lol
  • Options
    ms nobodyms nobody member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we walked together. i loved it. 
    Bio Update 4.25.10
    imageimage
    Amanda Williams Photography
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I really think you could go either way.  Will you see each other before the ceremony?  If not then I do really love to watch the groom see his bride for the first time as she walks down the aisle.  I'm the one who's looking at the groom when everyone else is looking at the bride. 

But if he'll already have seen you in your dress then I do think it's a sweet gesture to walk down the aisle together.  And I can only imagine that it would be a great shared experience and you could talk a little about how awesome it is to have everyone there with you.

Sorry, I probably wasn't any help either! Let us know what you decide!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards