Michigan-Detroit
Options

FMIL

So I know that many times MILs and FMILs get bad raps, but I love my FMIL. I got the nicest response to an email today I sent my her two days ago. Since FILs live so far away from us and my mom and I are really doing all the planning, I don't want my future family to feel left out. My FMIL has been extremely helpful-- she has already bought her dress, designed our STDs, is paying for and ordering all of our invites and other paper products (FILs own an office supply and printing business) as well as giving us a lump sum towards whatever we need for the wedding. Oh she is throwing us a shower while we're home over Christmas. I sent an email to her with pictures of the bridesmaid dress, flowers, our sample tables and programs. She wrote me back how much she loved everything we've picked out and that she appreciates me including her on the preparations for the wedding. She also put how her and my FFIL can't wait for me to officially be a part of their family even though to them I already am.

I just had to share how excited I am to be joining such an amazing family in almost 6 months. That email was a great way to end a not so great week. :)

Happy Friday everyone.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: FMIL

• Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Aww I agree that they get bad reps sometimes but it's great you have such a fantastic relationship :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You are one of the lucky ones! My FMIL has a lot of good qualities that I try to focus on, but being involved/ excited about our wedding is NOT one of them!
  • Options
    DanielleZZDanielleZZ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thats so nice!  I love my FMIL, she told me last week how she couldnt wait to have me as her daughter, it made me feel so good (my FI has all brothers so she enjoys having me around).  Its great that you have been able to find so many ways to include her in your planning,  I have had trouble with this.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for sharing that nice story! Most FIL are not that bad. My future MIL is GREAT, and I know she's happy that her son finally met me. Plus, she's getting WAY BETTER gifts from him since we started dating!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_fmil?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:59947edf-9f47-40f4-bdbb-7323fdcd107bPost:08f9ae9e-3efb-4b64-a00e-20b237d43cd3">FMIL</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I know that many times MILs and FMILs get bad raps, but I love my FMIL. I got the nicest response to an email today I sent my her two days ago. Since FILs live so far away from us and my mom and I are really doing all the planning, I don't want my future family to feel left out. My FMIL has been extremely helpful-- she has already bought her dress, designed our STDs, is paying for and ordering all of our invites and other paper products (FILs own an office supply and printing business) as well as giving us a lump sum towards whatever we need for the wedding. Oh she is throwing us a shower while we're home over Christmas. I sent an email to her with pictures of the bridesmaid dress, flowers, our sample tables and programs. She wrote me back how much she loved everything we've picked out and that she appreciates me including her on the preparations for the wedding. She also put how her and my FFIL can't wait for me to officially be a part of their family even though to them I already am. I just had to share how excited I am to be joining such an amazing family in almost 6 months. That email was a great way to end a not so great week. :) Happy Friday everyone.
    Posted by BridetobeJenG[/QUOTE]

You are one lucky bride!  Want to trade? ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards