Michigan-Detroit
Options

Wedding Hair

I need your help ladies!  I am in a wedding next June and I'm trying to help the bride find someone to do everyone's hair the day of.  She tentatively has a makeup artist alrready so we would only need hair.

We've already perused the stickies but for the most part it's all "my own hair stylist" or hair&makeup people so she couldn't really find anyone.

She's hoping to spend about $50-60 pp and there would be 8 of us (bride, 4 BMs, MOB, MOG, and a 9yearold).  The wedding is in Southfield and she lives in West Bloomfield so anyone around that area would be ideal (or at least willing to travel to this area).

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks ladies!

Re: Wedding Hair

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Bridesmaid Beautiful.  They travel to you.  I won't know what the final result will be until next week but so far they have been awesome.
  • Options
    MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My postdoc's SIL is a stylist.  I'll ask him for her info when he comes in.
  • Options
    baileyleevbaileyleev member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ilda's Salon Chic (it's in downtown farmington, so not too far...) Ilda is AMAZING! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I see Eric at Premier Salon inside of Macy's Somerset. He is AMAZING, along with everyone else. He works with your style and works at getting you the best people to help with the hair of the party.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Bridesmaid Beautiful - they've been great to work with so far! (and it's perfectly within her price range because it's $55pp)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Mi Amore Event Hair & Makeup.  I assume she'd come and just do hair.  She comes to you house, check her out - I've heard great things! http://www.miamoreeventhairandmakeup.org/
    Anniversary
  • Options
    cmusmiles85cmusmiles85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Bridal Beauty on Location. It's $65 for hair (bride is more). They travel to you and they have 2 salon locations for trials.
    Anniversary Vacation Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have basically been a bridesmaid once a year for the last fwe years, and two of the weddings I stood up in used Bridal Beauty on Location, and they did an awesome job both times. If her make up person is only tentative, I would definitely have her look into using Bridal Beauy for make up as well. They were great.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards