Michigan-Detroit
Options

Food at the Michigan League

Hello,

I am getting married in Ann Arbor in the fall and we are having our reception at the Michigan League. Does anyone have experience with the food at the League? We are trying to decide on two meat entrees and one veg for our RSVP, but I will not have a chance to go to a tasting to decide as I am out of state. Any recommendations?

Thank in advance!

Re: Food at the Michigan League

• Options
    My best friend's husband works at the League, although not in the catering department.  Did they give you options to choose from?  If you let me know what they are I can ask him if he's ever tried any of them before.
  • Options
    I went to a wedding at the League in September. I can't remember specifics, though I remember all the appetizers were real good. But if you brought up certain dishes I might be able to recall.

Overall the food's good! I remember that ;)
    June 16, 2012
  • Options
    My office holiday party was held at the League.  Let me try to remember what was served...

It was a buffet with
    -greek salad
    -bread
    -salmon
    -some sort of red meat
    -roasted vegetables
    -lemon orzo something
    -dessert was fresh fruit, lemon bars and chocolate cake.

I am a vegetarian, so I really can't comment on the salmon or other meat.  I don't recall hearing any complaints though.  Everything that I had was quite tasty.  The produce for the salad was fresh and ripe.  The food was kept hot, the servers (clearing dishes and what not since it was a buffet) were attentive.  It was held in the ballroom on the second floor.  Very nice location!

The year before, our holiday party was not held at the league, but it was catered by University Catering and everything that year was wonderful as well.  Let me know if you have any other questions!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_food-at-the-michigan-league?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:5f204982-c11f-420a-bc30-8ce98c01788dPost:75943142-9274-4483-b6b4-806830bde0bb">Re: Food at the Michigan League</a>:
    [QUOTE]My best friend's husband works at the League, although not in the catering department.  Did they give you options to choose from?  If you let me know what they are I can ask him if he's ever tried any of them before.
    Posted by chellekel[/QUOTE]

Thanks! They did give us some beef, poultry, and veg options.  We have narrowed down to a beef option (probably the NY Strip), a fish (Herb-Crusted Salmon), and possibly this mushroom dumpling-type pasta. Yes, if he has any feedback that would be amazing!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_food-at-the-michigan-league?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:5f204982-c11f-420a-bc30-8ce98c01788dPost:22cb2e65-2c14-49ba-b5f9-b6ba29517f7c">Re: Food at the Michigan League</a>:
    [QUOTE]I went to a wedding at the League in September. I can't remember specifics, though I remember all the appetizers were real good. But if you brought up certain dishes I might be able to recall. Overall the food's good! I remember that ;)
    Posted by acaponi87[/QUOTE]

Thanks! That is encouraging to hear. At this point we are thinking about the strip steak and salmon.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_food-at-the-michigan-league?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:5f204982-c11f-420a-bc30-8ce98c01788dPost:d2e9b955-8648-46ef-9029-d3b48cf31487">Re: Food at the Michigan League</a>:
    [QUOTE]My office holiday party was held at the League.  Let me try to remember what was served... It was a buffet with -greek salad -bread -salmon -some sort of red meat -roasted vegetables -lemon orzo something -dessert was fresh fruit, lemon bars and chocolate cake. I am a vegetarian, so I really can't comment on the salmon or other meat.  I don't recall hearing any complaints though.  Everything that I had was quite tasty.  The produce for the salad was fresh and ripe.  The food was kept hot, the servers (clearing dishes and what not since it was a buffet) were attentive.  It was held in the ballroom on the second floor.  Very nice location! The year before, our holiday party was not held at the league, but it was catered by University Catering and everything that year was wonderful as well.  Let me know if you have any other questions!
    Posted by lovelyheather[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the feedback. Glad to see positive reviews! How fun that you had a holiday party there! Can't wait to be back in Ann Arbor.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards